440 source.com

Old 01-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a friend says he heard sus things but iam hoping its all good.me & my friend are both getting heads and cranks and other stuff of em shortly,and being in Australia we can't just go down the road a take em back.. iam hoping to get the stuff and send it to muscle motors and get them to build it ,then get it shipped over.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is where I plan on ordering my rotating assy and heads for my 451 for my Duster. I'm picking up my truck this week ( hopefully today, or tomorrow ) and pick up the 400/727 by September. November, I receive stock from work, and will be able to order my stroker kit/heads. Then I will be looking for under chassis headers, converter, 8 3/4 suregrip third member, and the like to get my car back on the road. I'm also thinking of putting my 340/727 into a dart, or something like that. This winter is going to be busy for me

j
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Doc
Are you considering those Stealth heads ?
I am, but that might be a next year kind of project. ATM, I'd settle for a good set of 452 heads to get it up and running. Maybe next year I could pick up the heads and do a swap. But, for now, I think the 400/727 and the stroker kit is going to break me this year I guess it all depends on how the stock market does. If my stock stays down till November,and then goes way up, I might be able to get them instead.

j
Old 08-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Doc
I have not heard one bad thing said about the Stealth heads.

Do you need a set of stocker 452 heads ?
Sorry, I missed this question. I can probably find a set of buildable set here in WA. It'd probably be a pretty penny to ship them here any way. Thx tho...

j
Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
They have great stuff. Always in good top condition.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so are sks's & they work ok ruff but work
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM

china

Originally Posted by Doc
BUTTTT ...something to consider -- lots of their stuff is made in China.
i built a 505 cid & used their stealth heads the quality was great & all miked out good...BUT stay away from valve covers, oil pans, timeing covers.. poor fit money thrown away...however the waterpump & housing worked fine
Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Mopar Lover

One thing to mention about the waterpump housing is that it is not meant for AC and be careful with the brackets used with it, Mine was only installed for a few minutes and now sits on the shelf (poor design). The pump itself is a standard aftermarket one, at least the one I got was.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:28 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Commando
One thing to mention about the waterpump housing is that it is not meant for AC and be careful with the brackets used with it, Mine was only installed for a few minutes and now sits on the shelf (poor design). The pump itself is a standard aftermarket one, at least the one I got was.
I also read on another forum someone had an issue with the pump housing as well. Evidently the water passages were much smaller than stock on his piece causing his motor to overheat.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:01 AM

Anyone have any experience with the 440 Source stroker kits, specifically the 4.250 stroke 7.100 rod combo? I am looking to build one of these for my dad's dart and wanted to make sure they are a reputable source before giving them $2000. Dad's car is mostly a street car that goes to the drag strip once a year or so.

Any information that anyone has would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
Don't use their water pump housing or water pump....I did a finger insertion test on a stock cast iron housing...a aluminum housing from them and a aluminum housing from Mancini racing...the stock cast iron and housing from Mancini would accept my middle finger in all of the interal passage ways....the housing from 440 Source would only accept my pinky...a Milodon HF water pump with anti-cavitation plate is a very good mechanical pump...that's what I used before going electric...everything else is okay...some are excellent...but I repeat but never assume that any of their parts are going to work straight out of the box
Old 01-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent them a letter asking some questions. Never got a reply.

Randy
Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 PM

i have bought from them twice, happy with the quality and service was very good.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maxy
i have bought from them twice, happy with the quality and service was very good.

Thanks
Randy
Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 PM

i bought a water pump and pulley from them.they dont match up.pulley rubs the water pump bolts.when i told them i wanted my money back,i was told i would have to pay a restocking fee?told them i was warned to be careful,so i ordered something small to see what happened.guess who i wont be ordering my stroker kit from?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by woody02
i bought a water pump and pulley from them.they dont match up.pulley rubs the water pump bolts.when i told them i wanted my money back,i was told i would have to pay a restocking fee?told them i was warned to be careful,so i ordered something small to see what happened.guess who i wont be ordering my stroker kit from?
Cheaper is not always better...on your water pump pulley...take another look at their site...that's why they sell shims to put behind it and the crank pulley also..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 440 source.com