Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   B-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   68 gtx (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/68-gtx-4484/)

bosshoss85 10-16-2009 05:11 PM

68 gtx

Can anybody tell me if it can be determined by the numbers on the radiator support, if I have a RR, GTX or a Satellite? The fender tag and VIN plate is missing.

BuckNeccid 10-17-2009 06:07 AM

I don't think there's any way to tell. The numbers on the radiator support are the build numbers, and they would normally match the numbers on the fender tag. If both are missing, I can't think of any way to tell.

Are you planning on registering this car?

bosshoss85 10-17-2009 01:49 PM

68x

It already is. According to the seller the car was a theft recovery and after the car was rebuilt/restored the state DMV inspected the car and issued a VIN and the VIN plate was riveted to the door jam. A title was also issued stating "rebuilt". I just wanted to know what the car was born as.

theomahamoparguy 10-17-2009 07:03 PM

that would be difficult unless you get lucky and find some other info like the old registration or maybe old dealer info that would match.

rr69half6bbl 10-22-2009 10:29 PM

if the cars still got the orig. int. in it look for the build sheet under the back seat, or stuck to the back side of the glove box liner. thatll give you what you need. since it ws a theft vehicle, have the local p.d. check with a place in michigan, I beleive. theres an archive place for this purpose. all vehicles built in the us since like the late 50`s send all the daily build info to this place and they store it all on microfisch, if your a cop or ins. under writer, you can get the info. they should know the name of it and where its at. small chance , but if the orig. motors still in the car, the vins stamped on the pan rail. at least youll find out which plant it was built at. If you get the vin off the rad support, you can also contact galen gavier in wis. for a fee , he has build records, he may be able to help you. good luck.