Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   B-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Going down hill (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/going-down-hill-1852/)

65AzBel 11-22-2008 07:51 PM

Going down hill

The following happened today and I realize that I need to be more careful in car repair.

So this morning I decided to bleed the front brakes on my Belvedere. Being that they are the 10 inch drums, the bleeder valve is kinda difficult to reach with a 1/4in wrench. Since I didnt have the right size one, I used a crow foot wrench. Right side was no issue, left side i had a problem.

After I finished bleeding it I began to tightened it with the crow foot it rounded off two edges to get it to stop leaking So i moved up to a socket. Big mistake. The bleeder sheared in half. So i grabbed an easy out....and that broke off inside the sheared bleeder. I managed to get it out.

So.....In an attempt to fix the bleeder I have to take apart the front end (unless there is some magic way to unbolt the brake piston from the spindle), where can i get a suspension bushing kit?

78D200 11-23-2008 02:29 AM

well you can do all the bushings if you want with one of these kits

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294865789

I'm sure a local Napa or good parts store will be able to get you, or have the bushings that you need.

65AzBel 11-23-2008 10:07 AM

Thats the kit i'm looking at.

Does that have every bushing?

Napa wants 156 for that same kit.

78D200 11-23-2008 10:48 AM

I have had good luck with Energy Suspension having all the bushing that you need. If they say its a suspension kit, then usually it includes the basic bushings for control arms, leafs, and struts.

rr69half6bbl 11-26-2008 11:24 PM

LOL, just had a thought, this is where they say the ball starts rolling, you want to replace the bushings, but then for 30 more you can do the tie rod ends too, and for a little more time, you can pull the motor and trans and redo the whole frontend, and blast and paint it, then while the motors out, you ccan detail the eng, bay. Sorry, just seems like this is the starting point for all my projects. I cant help but laugh when I see people in this stage, cause 9 out of 10 they end up doing just what i described. its a curse i think, Or force of habit. Does anyone else end up doing this ? I know Im sure guilty of it.

78D200 11-27-2008 04:54 AM

i'll raise my hand to that!:D Hahaha I have been known to do that as well from time to time and get friends to do it too.

Commando 11-27-2008 06:52 AM

I think thats happening to me, a simple engine swap looks like it is going to turn into a full drive-line upgrade as well as a little clean-up and probably new shocks all around. Not sure where else this is heading yet.

65AzBel 11-27-2008 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by rr69half6bbl (Post 8472)
LOL, just had a thought, this is where they say the ball starts rolling, you want to replace the bushings, but then for 30 more you can do the tie rod ends too, and for a little more time, you can pull the motor and trans and redo the whole frontend, and blast and paint it, then while the motors out, you ccan detail the eng, bay. Sorry, just seems like this is the starting point for all my projects. I cant help but laugh when I see people in this stage, cause 9 out of 10 they end up doing just what i described. its a curse i think, Or force of habit. Does anyone else end up doing this ? I know Im sure guilty of it.

Ahhh....But I have new Ball joints and Tie Rods. Engine mounts are new, but trans mount is shot. Plus, thanks to the Dry Az climate, I don't have to sand blast it either. Heck the only spot of rust is in the trunk and is about the size of an eraser. My Belvedere still has a painted bottom with no undercoating!

But i did end up doing something like that on a BMW I had. What started out as a simple valve swap turned into a complete front end overhaul.