Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   B-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Super Whaaaa? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/super-whaaaa-579/)

siliconcrunch 01-05-2008 12:47 PM

Super Whaaaa?

One thing Ive been wondering is where do you get the body parts to make a road runner a super bird? And will thos parts fit ont a 73 satellite?
I think it would be hillarious to see a mock-superbird with 4 doors.

440roadrunner 01-05-2008 06:00 PM

Just Google something like

superbird, conversion

The short answer is no. By the way, Superbirds did not use Plymouth Belvedere/ Satellite front fenders. They used I believe Dodge Coronet front fenders, which mated with the nose. The '73 bodies were completely different from the '70's

If you really want one, you'd have a huge bodywork project on your hands.

In my opinion, Superbirds and the other "nose" cars were about the ugliest cars on the planet

Working on the engine is no fun, either. You can't even reach the thing from the front.

MoparMan 01-16-2008 05:05 PM

A used nosepiece for a wing car runs around $2500.00

74chargerse 06-05-2008 08:41 PM

front end

you want to make it look hilarious put a camaro header panel on it

rr69half6bbl 09-03-2008 10:20 PM

youll have about7 k wrapped up in the pcs. needed for the conversion. The front clip of a bird was a 70 coronet clip. w/ modified hood.the hood will run you another 1500. I restored a bird. the cars suck on the street. The nose is 4 ft long by itself, the rear squats so you cant see over the nose. the only airflow they get to the rad is through that little 2ft. by 1ft screen. they overheat unless your running open 75 on the highway. forget traffic driving. and yes it sucks working on them, you cant work on them from the front, or the sides ither, the side scoops are fiberglass, you lean on them too much and they crack. I think that they are beautiful cars, but just realyy impractical for the street. I sold mine and bought a runner.