Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   C-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   1965 880 Custom (Parts and Tips) (https://moparforums.com/forums/f11/1965-880-custom-parts-tips-5077/)

Kinger1421 01-07-2010 12:57 PM

1965 880 Custom (Parts and Tips)

So i have had this car for a couple years now and havent got much done with it. One major thing holding me back is that i cant find a radiator for it without getting a custom one done ($$$$$$). And for whatever reason it wont start anymore. Just getting a click somewhere on the driverside of the fire wall. Battery, Starter, Starter Relay are all good. Wireing looks to be fine too.

rexus31 01-07-2010 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kinger1421 (Post 35689)
So i have had this car for a couple years now and havent got much done with it. One major thing holding me back is that i cant find a radiator for it without getting a custom one done ($$$$$$). And for whatever reason it wont start anymore. Just getting a click somewhere on the driverside of the fire wall. Battery, Starter, Starter Relay are all good. Wireing looks to be fine too.

It sounds like the battery is dead. How many volts is the battery holding?

Kinger1421 01-08-2010 01:47 AM

Nope the battery is fine. I have an optima red top and a yellow top. The yellow was in there and i swapped it out for the red in my other truck. the yellow started fine in my truck once i installed it. Although the red brought me that click, the yellow brought me the same click but i would have to pull the terminals to get it again. where as with the red i get it every time

rexus31 01-08-2010 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kinger1421 (Post 35726)
Nope the battery is fine. I have an optima red top and a yellow top. The yellow was in there and i swapped it out for the red in my other truck. the yellow started fine in my truck once i installed it. Although the red brought me that click, the yellow brought me the same click but i would have to pull the terminals to get it again. where as with the red i get it every time

It could be the Voltage Regulator.

Kinger1421 01-09-2010 12:14 AM

Got one of em on order along with a few other things that probably should be replaced anyway.

Kinger1421 01-17-2010 01:23 PM

Well the Voltage Regulator was a failed effort. Unless this starter switch im about to install works im at a loss and dont know what to do next.

scotts74birds 01-17-2010 02:08 PM

I dont want to be a smart-ass, but CAN the engine turn? My camero locked-up from sitting outside for 3 years.

sgnrulz 01-17-2010 02:41 PM

Do you have power to your fuse box?
If you run current across starter relay what happens?
Check all your leads and grounds.

Kinger1421 01-23-2010 04:59 PM

What the hell is going on?

Ok lemme fill you in. The voltage regulator didnt do anything but make it look a little better under the hood. one less rusty part. I changed the ignition switch and it started turning over. didnt start because by the time it had fuel threw the filter a wire started melting and smoking. i fixed the wire but now smoke is coming from under the dash by the new ignition switch. I pulled it to check it out but not sure what to do now. DAMNIT!!!!!