Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   C-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   HELP! my fury won't idle all of the sudden (https://moparforums.com/forums/f11/help-my-fury-wont-idle-all-sudden-1202/)

ninjafury 06-29-2008 01:57 PM

HELP! my fury won't idle all of the sudden

I have a 66 fury III with a 318 poly. It is my daily driver & up untill today it ran well. I recently replaced several parts, did a full tune up & I have been driving it daily without many problems. I did have a problem with the connections going throug hthe firewall but I have solved them. The car has great spark, it's getting fuel & I don't think the timing chain slipped. It will start & run great if I keep the RPMS up but the second I let my foot off the gas it dies! I'm am out of ideas. Anyone? :confused:

413 07-02-2008 12:57 AM

Is your choke stuck ? Semi blocked jet? Is the carb a Holley? blown power valve?
Sounds like carb problem.

Doc 07-02-2008 01:56 AM

Did you do anything to it just before this prob started?

naughtyus maximus 07-02-2008 04:08 AM

hi
it sounds like a vaccum pipe to me

Doc 07-02-2008 05:46 PM

UNLESS it is not a plugged idle circuit in the carb .... a broken vacuum line sounds like what it is.

rockeralan 09-18-2008 10:22 AM

totally agree with the vac pipe theory, this coupled with the extra air getting in through the vac pipe would cause a very VERY lean mixture and no idle , rev her up and it will richen up and run , l think you're spot on , anyone got a right hand rear fender arch trim for a '69 Fury lll convertible ?

Commando 09-18-2008 12:15 PM

That is that same issue I am having with my 400, vacuum leak. You may want to do what I am inprocess of doing, trace your vacuum lines and run a propane torch unlit over the lines to see if the idle changes, when it does there is your leak, also run it over the gaskets on the intake and the carb. Hopefully you find your leak, if not you are in my boat and I am still trying to track down the leak.

67 GTX 09-18-2008 01:05 PM

make sure your idle circuit isn't clogged