K frame to radiator support?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K frame to radiator support?

Does anyone know if the 66 Fury had a K frame to radiator brace? My 66 is mssing this piece and so is my 68 Charger. I know I took one off the Charger to start restoration and may have done the same with the Fury. I have one brace, two cars. I can get a new one for B bodies but not C bodies. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 139 Likes on 138 Posts
i have limited info. but i do know this. i think the "C" body ply might be the same as a chrysler body. i do know that chrysler changed the body in 65 and the 66 chrysler is the same. as far as a "B" and "C" being the same i do NOT know. but a change in the body might not change the rad support. time to go to salvage yard with a tape measure and camera, and note pad.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C Bodies do not have K Frames like B Bodies. They have a full subframe that attaches to the body.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Mopar Fan

Very educational

I've had one since 1984, sold to my younger brother, and didn't realize this. Does the part that holds the motor bolt in to the sub frame or is it welded? Great pictures by the way. From what you all have posted, does that mean the bracket that goes from the engine frame to radiator support is not part of the C body set up? I found one in a box and I am missing the one from my 68 Charger (K frame to radiator support bracket/brace) but in a box in the 66 Sport Fury. I am doing a much better job cataloguing what I take off. Great responses you all.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by Inspector71
I've had one since 1984, sold to my younger brother, and didn't realize this. Does the part that holds the motor bolt in to the sub frame or is it welded? Great pictures by the way. From what you all have posted, does that mean the bracket that goes from the engine frame to radiator support is not part of the C body set up? I found one in a box and I am missing the one from my 68 Charger (K frame to radiator support bracket/brace) but in a box in the 66 Sport Fury. I am doing a much better job cataloguing what I take off. Great responses you all.
The sub frame is all one assembly; nothing detaches for the motor. There is no K member to radiator support brace on C Bodies.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Mopar Fan

Finally

Rexus31: A huge thanks man. I started working on my 66 Sport Fury back when I was still living in California (1984). Let a Chrysler mechanic convince me swapping the 318 poly for a 383 was too difficult, paid a lot of money to rebuild and pump up the 318, ran hot all the time afterward, moved to Missouri, took it to a special shop that had it for 3 months and said nothing was wrong, brought it home and it started spewing radiator fluid out of the rocker shafts. Found the stuff in the oil pan, soaking the cam, you name it. Switched to a 440, a divorce, loss of kids, house, etc, put it on hold, finally got back on my feet but had picked up a Charger in the process. In the middle of working on both, I had to move on short notice when I lost my house to the divorce (long story) and threw a lot of parts in boxes for the move. Now I can't find the support for my Charger but found one in the Fury box. Whew. Sorry for the long story but this has driven me nuts and you settled it. Thanks thanks.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by Inspector71
Rexus31: A huge thanks man. I started working on my 66 Sport Fury back when I was still living in California (1984). Let a Chrysler mechanic convince me swapping the 318 poly for a 383 was too difficult, paid a lot of money to rebuild and pump up the 318, ran hot all the time afterward, moved to Missouri, took it to a special shop that had it for 3 months and said nothing was wrong, brought it home and it started spewing radiator fluid out of the rocker shafts. Found the stuff in the oil pan, soaking the cam, you name it. Switched to a 440, a divorce, loss of kids, house, etc, put it on hold, finally got back on my feet but had picked up a Charger in the process. In the middle of working on both, I had to move on short notice when I lost my house to the divorce (long story) and threw a lot of parts in boxes for the move. Now I can't find the support for my Charger but found one in the Fury box. Whew. Sorry for the long story but this has driven me nuts and you settled it. Thanks thanks.
No problem. Glad it got sorted out. Good luck with your projects!