Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   94-Current Dodge Trucks (https://moparforums.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   1986 Dodge Ram Truck (https://moparforums.com/forums/f18/1986-dodge-ram-truck-3288/)

dnoonkeste 06-13-2009 12:43 PM

1986 Dodge Ram Truck

I have a 1986 Dodge Ram Truck. The problem that I am having is the blower does not get any power from the switch. I straight wired the blower from the battery and it works. Is there a way that I can check to see if power is going to the switch? I have tested serveral wires and I cannot find any power going to the switch. I guest that I haven't found the right wire yet. All the fuses are good.
I checked the fuse block under the dash and there is no power going to the blower fuse. I cannot find a fuse in the engine compartment. Is there a fuse or could it be something else?

78D200 06-13-2009 01:05 PM

Are you checking the wires while the ignition switch is in the run position? That is the only want that you will get power to it.

8287rams 06-28-2009 10:57 PM

the lower part of the a/c control its burnt, replace it and it will work, it going out its VERY common on this trucks, good luck!

dnoonkeste 07-01-2009 10:47 PM

Blower motor on 1986 Dodge Ram

I replaced the ignition switch and the blower works. Now the only problem that I have is this. When I went back to put the dash and the a/c and heater control back, I found a 7 wire plug and I cannot find another plug for it to plug into. What does this plug go into?

78D200 07-02-2009 03:39 AM

pic of it might help us out help you. I can't picture it in my head. Also where about is it behind the dash?

dnoonkeste 07-02-2009 10:27 AM

1986 Dodge Ram

It is behind the a/c and heater controls and the radio.

78D200 07-02-2009 11:14 AM

I remember my 82 D100 having a 7 pin flat connector that plugged into the radio.....

Are the wires 18 gauge or are there some larger ones (red and yellow wires)? could be for teh ignition switch.

scotts74birds 07-02-2009 07:04 PM

What doesn't work now?

jaqes 08-09-2009 10:04 PM

I have a 1986 Dodge ram custom 150 pick up. I have changed the alternator. plugs,distributer cap and rotor, electrical seleniod box on firewall. a newly charged battery. Changed the Fuel pump, fuel filter. and fuel lines. and put in a used 2 barrell carburator. it still wont start. the only thing I have noticed is there is a fuseable link on the driver side of the truck in the engine compartment with one wire in from the direction of the batery out to 4 wires. One of the wires id burnt out and i have replaced it with a 14 guage fuseable link wire. can you tell me what I need to do to get the truck running again? It was woriking fine up til now. the engine turns when I turn the key and I have gas in the tank. I have primed the carburator and it started once but wont start again.

richinny 08-10-2009 05:25 AM

you need fuel spark and compression.

have you check for gas when you open the throttle?
have you checked for a spark when cranking?
have you checked that the rotor still points the the #1 cylinder when the crank is at TDC?
have you checked the battery voltage when cranking?

reading up on how things work in you vehicle could have saved you a lot of time and money.

crwchf16 09-03-2009 09:32 AM

Most car manufacturers of the time (and now) will put a generic wiring harness into a car that will fit whatever trim package they are installing. Does your plug have dust or corrosion on the face of it? If so then it hasn't been plugged into anything for a long time and you need not worry about it. Otherwise go with scotts74birds suggestion and see what doesn't turn on anymore.
Good luck!