Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   LX Platform (https://moparforums.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   New charger spy shot (https://moparforums.com/forums/f21/new-charger-spy-shot-6412/)

mopardrt 06-03-2010 12:20 PM

New charger spy shot

check it out looks great have to look at a 2009 and this one side by side but looks meaner http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger-2010.html

78D200 06-03-2010 12:26 PM

Looks like someone took it's cookie away and it REALLY wants it back.

MReeves 06-03-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 78D200 (Post 46571)
Looks like someone took it's cookie away and it REALLY wants it back.

It does have that "Cookie Monster" frown!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!! Wicked, evil mean and nasty,,,, equals fast!!!!!!!!!

Archer 06-03-2010 02:14 PM

Gents -

I've learned that getting into "opinion" threads usually does more harm than good, but what the hey ...

I think that they did a really great job with the Challenger, capturing the "look" of the originals and giving it enough muscle options. The new "Charger" not even close in appearance - what the heck is it with the extra doors ???? I'm sure it will pack a wallop - but still doesn't grab me ... :(

C'on, could you really see the Duke boys jumpin' into that thing through the windows ???

Archer

mopardrt 06-03-2010 03:06 PM

you have to remember that when the charger debued in 2005 there was no more pony cars aside from the freshly redone mustang and the sales on that where iffy, chrysler knew that 4 doors where making a comeback and they had the idea that it could one day serve as a municipal vehical so they where more woried about selling to the masses rather then to a small category of people and thats exactly what they did and they did it really good. Chrysler knew they owed us a pony car and thats why we got one later called the CHALLENGER

blue 68 gts 06-03-2010 06:24 PM

Archer, I couldn't agree with your more..

They really should've built a 2 door only, just my opinions, everybody has those though.

ESPECIALLY if they build a "Bullit" charger, that should be only limited in a BLACK 2 door with a 6 speed or paddle shifter.

samuelcosmo76 06-03-2010 07:05 PM

I hate to say it, but the front end kind of reminds me of this:
http://www.ekd.com/images/covers/Who...i_download.jpg

Agile 06-03-2010 08:12 PM

gonna have to agree with blue...they need 2 door version...and frankly the front end does look like the car from roger rabbit...but the read lights look better...but they need to scrub the charger and challenger and make a CUDA! and shaker hood as standard

1966sportfury 06-03-2010 10:11 PM

i agree chargers are 2 doors! but it looks mad! who p!ss$d in my captn crunch!

78D200 06-04-2010 03:16 AM

I agree with everyone about the charger being a 2dr but you have to realize that the average person who will be buying this car will probably have a family where a 4dr suits them better. It's all about supply and demand.

I don't see why they don't make all the "standard" Chargers a 4dr for the family that wants this car, and then make a 2dr version that is "built", maybe an R/T only version, for teh people that want something sleek, cool and powerfully fast.

I think with the right minds, this car could replace the Viper.

mopardrt 06-04-2010 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by mopardrt (Post 46582)
you have to remember that when the charger debued in 2005 there was no more pony cars aside from the freshly redone mustang and the sales on that where iffy, chrysler knew that 4 doors where making a comeback and they had the idea that it could one day serve as a municipal vehical so they where more woried about selling to the masses rather then to a small category of people and thats exactly what they did and they did it really good. Chrysler knew they owed us a pony car and thats why we got one later called the CHALLENGER

didnt anybody read my post? lol :rolleyes:

dodgenut7 06-04-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by mopardrt (Post 46721)
didnt anybody read my post? lol :rolleyes:

i did................but bring back the dart cmon everyone say it together BRING BACK THE DART why did i only hear my voice and the other 4 in my head

mopardrt 06-05-2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by dodgenut7 (Post 46723)
i did................but bring back the dart cmon everyone say it together BRING BACK THE DART why did i only hear my voice and the other 4 in my head

sad part is that if you never had one or knew someone that had one, or your not a mopar guy then chances are you dont even know what a dart is..... :(