Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Cuda Specific Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   R U Serious (https://moparforums.com/forums/f30/r-u-serious-141/)

Sanitarium 03-20-2007 08:14 PM

R U Serious

You have a place just for cuda's?

1 Bad Mirada 03-22-2007 10:20 AM

as time goes on, we will have an area just for every model! :)

Sanitarium 03-23-2007 12:02 PM

That's awesome. Doesn't look like it gets used much though. I try something.

qwave12 05-26-2008 09:14 AM

nobody posts

hey i'm new to this forum, but I have been a member of bimmerforums and rx7forums for years and they have thousands of posts and I can usually find info by searching and not posting, but this must be a new site because there is very little infor here.
I have a 67 Barracuda. I got it tuesday. I had new tires put on it on the front(backs were new) My freind owns the tire shop he snapped all 5 of the lugs off the passenger side(left hand threads). Then to make matters worse couldn't knock the old lugs out, so machine shop "presses" them out. I think they drilled it, because the holes were smooth as hell. so new lugs don't fit they don't tell me and tack weld them in. new tire new lugs on car tightened down drive home 15 miles no problem go to cruise in next day get 4 miles from home hear a loud noise and bam 3 lugs snap off. Now I have a wallowed out drum, hub, broken back plate, and broken brake wheel cylinder. I am having trouble finding the parts, Year one dosen't have them and I can't find anybody on here who has done a disc brake conversion for the barracuda. If anybody can help that would be great

K Wolf 07-20-2008 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by qwave12 (Post 3429)
hey i'm new to this forum, but I have been a member of bimmerforums and rx7forums for years and they have thousands of posts and I can usually find info by searching and not posting, but this must be a new site because there is very little infor here.
I have a 67 Barracuda. I got it tuesday. I had new tires put on it on the front(backs were new) My freind owns the tire shop he snapped all 5 of the lugs off the passenger side(left hand threads). Then to make matters worse couldn't knock the old lugs out, so machine shop "presses" them out. I think they drilled it, because the holes were smooth as hell. so new lugs don't fit they don't tell me and tack weld them in. new tire new lugs on car tightened down drive home 15 miles no problem go to cruise in next day get 4 miles from home hear a loud noise and bam 3 lugs snap off. Now I have a wallowed out drum, hub, broken back plate, and broken brake wheel cylinder. I am having trouble finding the parts, Year one dosen't have them and I can't find anybody on here who has done a disc brake conversion for the barracuda. If anybody can help that would be great

Hello, one of the disk brake conversions you may want to research is the '73 and up swap. The upper A-arms, ball joints, spindles, calipers, and rotors (and maybe the master cylinder) from a '73-'78 A-body are swapped into an earlier A-body. One area of concern (a benefit IMHO) is that the '73 and up A-bodies use a 5 x 4 1/2" bolt pattern wheels instead of the 5 x 4" bolt pattern your car originally came with. That means a much wider selection of wheels available for your car if you change the bolt pattern on the rear end as well. For me, it means aftermarket axles in an 8 3/4" A-body rear end. If you don't need the toughness of the 8 3/4" rear end, you could go with a complete rear end assembly from a '73-'78 A-body (I don't know much about the different rear ends available in the '73-'78 A-bodies, other than that they are all large bolt pattern.)

I've not done the conversion yet. I'm in the process of buying the needed parts for my '68.

Karl

challenger 08-16-2008 03:44 PM

For qwave12 <<<>>> if you haven't yet found brake kits here are a few to check >>>> www.mpbrakes.com and www.ecihotrodbrakes.com ... i would make who ever did your axle studes buy you a set if it were me :D