Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Street n Strip (https://moparforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   73' Dodge Charger (https://moparforums.com/forums/f32/73-dodge-charger-547/)

MEMPHIS 12-23-2007 01:24 PM

73' Dodge Charger

Hello, this is a speed crazy boy from MS, I have bought a Dodge Charger plus a 400 big block.

The car has been sitting in a yard fer about 20 years!!! So most everything is going to be replace. The body is pretty solid, and that should be no problem fixing.

I am looking fer a somewhat nice looking street car, with the 400 being turbocharged. This way i can have a nice car fer the road, and a somewhat Stip car fer the fun times at the nearby tracks.

My Grandfather has work on cars fer almost all his life, he own his own shop fer well over 40 years, but is struggling with cancer, so i need some outside help too.

Could someone come up with a list of the basic parts that are going to need to be replaced. I am shooting fer nothing over $6000.......maybe $8000.

Thanks!!!

MEMPHIS 12-28-2007 09:01 AM

hey guys, after looking for some turbos i found out there is almost no way to do it that cheap, so i was thinking maybe usung some NOS with a couple cheaters?

what yall think???

runninbird 12-28-2007 02:20 PM

you wouldnt want a turbo or a super charger for somthing like that turbos take to long to kick in nos be careful dont shoot to much youll blow your motor my self i do have nitrous for my road runner but i will only shoot 100 max plenty I plan on putting 600 hundred horse just motor i will have to see if the motor will handle it after its done 600 hundred plus 100 of nitrous is serious power well good luck with the charger

helomechs 09-01-2008 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by MEMPHIS (Post 1639)
hey guys, after looking for some turbos i found out there is almost no way to do it that cheap, so i was thinking maybe usung some NOS with a couple cheaters?

what yall think???

turbos would be $$$$ for sure. nitrous .... matter of opinion i guess. me personally like the power there full-time without bottle. are you planning to build the bottom end for nitrous specific? or you just throwing it on a stock rotating assy?

helomechs 09-01-2008 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by MEMPHIS (Post 1619)
Hello, this is a speed crazy boy from MS, I have bought a Dodge Charger plus a 400 big block.

The car has been sitting in a yard fer about 20 years!!! So most everything is going to be replace. The body is pretty solid, and that should be no problem fixing.

I am looking fer a somewhat nice looking street car, with the 400 being turbocharged. This way i can have a nice car fer the road, and a somewhat Stip car fer the fun times at the nearby tracks.

My Grandfather has work on cars fer almost all his life, he own his own shop fer well over 40 years, but is struggling with cancer, so i need some outside help too.

Could someone come up with a list of the basic parts that are going to need to be replaced. I am shooting fer nothing over $6000.......maybe $8000.

Thanks!!!

i got a 72 charger just "finished" it...

definitley change your rubber. www.manicniracing.com they got rebuild kits. about 400 freshens up the front susp.

maybe 230.. on new torsion bars....
i got monoleafs by cal-tracs with comp engineering slid-a-links. rancho rs-9000 shocks.... (yes its a truck shock they tested improved 60 foot times with them) i love em. excellent street-strip traction for about 600$ total in the rear...

so maybe 1500$ on susp. gets you going more than good... that leaves a good amount for engine/tranny!

Doc 09-01-2008 07:35 PM

You could build a SUPERCHARGED motor for that budget. And it could all come-together using your stock motor. But I would not use alot of boost.

rednecks73Charger 11-03-2008 12:42 PM

Well you could build yourself a 408 Wedge for bout 4000 or jegs has a couple really nice blueprint engines for bout the 6000 you wanna invest if you do jucie your engine you will def. wanna get a better gear ratio in the back and better internals... i have found thumpr cams to be a good choice but depends on what your lookin to run