Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Street n Strip (https://moparforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Race Car Insurance? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f32/race-car-insurance-578/)

73Duster340 01-05-2008 08:49 AM

Race Car Insurance?

I just bought my first race car (73 Duster 340, runs 10.9's) and am wondering what kind of insurance do you guys get on these cars? It's not a street legal car at all and I was told to get collectors insurance - but to put down "no" for the "do i race the car" question. Seems to me that pretty much defeats the whole point of the insurance - if I plow into the spectators or something I don't even want to think of what the bills would be like. Do they sell race insurance at the track? Total newbie here...
:o

1 Bad Mirada 02-11-2008 01:49 PM

ive never seen a company that sells insurance that applies while racing..i know people who have collectible insurance, but that doesnt help them on the track..it just applies to cars for the modified value, rather than the book value.

blue 68 gts 02-23-2008 06:45 PM

I don't think you can have insurance while actually racing on the track.

My dad has Collector Car Insurance on his 68 GTS racecar. The car is covered everywhere on the street, on the trailer, in the pits at the race track, staging lanes, ect. The only place it is not covered is while on the race track.

Not sure if Insurance is different in different states or how you go about w/ whatever Insurance company.

helomechs 09-01-2008 03:27 PM

yeah, my company wont cover racing. but they know it happens. even if you say "no" your still not covered either way so there no point in lying. i dont think there is any way to be covered. but also i dont think your liable if you plow into spectators. i think its a spectate at your own risk type of thing... just like race your car at your own risk. the track would know better than anybody.

Doc 09-01-2008 07:40 PM

There should be a listing of one or two companies in National Dragster.

dingo 07-10-2009 07:12 PM

try state farm. i have it on my mustang that i have. i race it and drive it everyware. i know that its a ford. its the only ford that i have owned. i bout it for 500 bucks and it ran