Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://moparforums.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   Need advice 64 Dodge Dart (https://moparforums.com/forums/f38/need-advice-64-dodge-dart-18233/)

Rogue84 01-20-2015 08:11 AM

Need advice 64 Dodge Dart

Hello.

Something been in my mind since earlier today. Hopefully someone who knows more about Darts than i do, can help me out. Here it goes...

I bought a 64Dodge dart and is now at the body shop getting ready for painting... The car is missing pretty much all moldings. I bought a grille, emblems, re chromed bumpers.. My guy at the shop was asking me when will I be bringing in the moldings so i started looking around ebay craigslist and other websites looking for moldings, passenger bucket seat but they're all are over 500 800 bucks.. I finally found a NONE WORKING dodge dart 64 WITH the parts i need and the owner is selling me the entire car for 800. so when i told my guy at the shop about the beat up Dart, He asked me for pictures of it and this is what he tell me ...

"Give me your Dart and I'll restore the one you just found just the way you wanted Your other dart. Paint, moldings on. New bucket seats. Complete upholstery. And you don't have to pay me a dime. Just give me your dart"

I don't know why he would go from charging me 3-4grand to fix my dart exterior and interior to suddenly not having to pay him anything to fix the beat up dart as long as i give him my dart. I don't know if there's something to my car that the other beat up dart doesn't have and he knows it??? Or what.

Please i need advice. It does sound tempting getting a 64 dart fixed completely without paying a dime but.. Giving up my other dart? My car is running. I just wanted body work and find all moldings. The Beat up dart is not running at all.

Thanks for your time.

fivepoint 01-20-2015 09:40 AM

I do not know the details of these cars but most deals like this don't work out in your favor.

TVLynn 01-20-2015 01:25 PM

64 will never be worth what say a 69 would be,,, Unless yours is a HP 273 4 speed ???
It is just another 64 money pit !!

cescool 01-21-2015 04:56 AM

I am not familiar with this model. I hope you get great suggestions! However, Citigroup is improving its charge card deals by postal mail in a large way, writes the Wall Street Journal.

moe7404 01-21-2015 10:55 AM

i had 64 dart slant 6, 4 speed. first year for the chrysler 4 speed trans. i think it was a little rare. wish i had kept it.

Rogue84 01-25-2015 11:17 AM

this is what i did

I bought the non working dart just to get my parts that i need and now I'm thinking of parting it out. Still has the engine v6. Not sure if it's running though.