Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   i'll cut to the chase... (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/ill-cut-chase-13341/)

QuaZi ET Gremlin 09-22-2012 06:04 PM

i'll cut to the chase...

Hey guys so i'm new to this forum but have been asking around for advice... do I swap out my 2005 dodge magnum sxt awd's 3.5L HO V6 with a 5.7L HEMI or just try to trade toward loaded R/T?
My mag's been in the shop for a little over 6 months now, and i'm finally getting her back soon after long battles with insurance and parts dealers givin me bad parts... it prevented me (both timewise and financially) from building up my SXT to be more powerful and efficient than it was stock, but made me realize, i don't want the V6... it was never that powerful or efficient to begin with, and doing similar work to a HEMI would yield similar efficiency but obviously a lot more power...

The Question:

Do i just try to trade in towards a loaded R/T? or do I try to build my car from the engine back?

she has only 38,000 miles, but I've had to replace 2 wheels, the battery, the fuel tank, a control arm, the front bumper and a fog light in the past year, so i've already unhapilly dropped plenty of money on her, and if it's cost effective, i'd like to put some dollars into making her what I want. I know I need the engine (5.7L HEMI, she's still gonna be my daily driver so no need for the 6.1), an engine-back exhaust system, upgraded brakes, upgraded air intake, but what else? also note, if i keep her, i'm gonna look for a heated leather driver's seat as well lol

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Fedge1369 09-22-2012 07:36 PM

Howdy, I answered in the other thread you posted

bremereric 09-23-2012 08:04 AM

Welcome aboard.

78D200 09-24-2012 02:17 AM

Welcome!

rickyr 09-24-2012 05:38 AM

welcome

MReeves 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

Welcome to the forum.... Be sure to check out the Mopar of the Month contest.. See the sticky for the simple rules and then you can haep choose the winner....

challenger 09-29-2012 08:38 PM

Welcome to our forums , :hello: