Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   need help with INFO please! (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/need-help-info-please-1538/)

1toDV8 09-24-2008 04:27 PM

need help with INFO please!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all. i signed up to find some info. maybe you can point me in a good direction. If so thanks in advance!

My boss wants me to do a project swap for him on a 1970plymouth fury III, he has asked me to install a 2000 360 auto from a dodge maxi van into it!

Now I'm not worried so much about the swap, its not that hard to do as far as my skills. What I'm looking for mostly is where to find info on the car and the new swap engine and trans.

I'm a professional diesel mechanic for a living so I have no fear of this kind of work. I'm also a member for several years now of LS1tech.com and v8rx7forum.com. By this point you probably figured out I'm a GM guy! Sorry.

I'm proud owner of a 1986 RX7 with a 2000 LS1/4L60E from a vette installed. Its very fast and handles as good as any car on the road IMHO.

Attachment 302

My car runs in the lower 12's on drag radials and has a top speed of about 165MPH. while still getting 25MPG (if I keep my foot out of it!):D

I need stuff like PCM pinouts for the engine trans and wiring diagrams for the car. I really would like something very clear so when I design the new curciuts for the newer engine I can have a realistic chance of getting it right the first time and not (as we say in the diesel world) not let the smoke out of the wires?:rolleyes:

The rest of it will go fairly easy IMHO, but the wiring has to be right!

78D200 09-26-2008 05:30 PM

welcome to the board!

I'd say your best bet would be to find a 2wd truck or a fullsize van with a 5.9 in it. they will have a 2wd tranny already and you can grab the harness and computers. thats what I would do, minus I would look for a dodge ram 1500 SST or a dakota or darango R/T motor and just get a 518 or 518A tranny from a salvage yard and build it up that way he would have OD.