Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   New member from Oregon, any others from Oregon? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/new-member-oregon-any-others-oregon-3911/)

67gtxclone 08-16-2009 09:28 PM

New member from Oregon, any others from Oregon?

Yeah, I guess I did not introduce myself before just jumping in and posting, sorry about that. My name is Bart. I really like the forum, and I appreciate it too. I am working on converting a 67 Belvedere II to a GTX clone. The Belvedere was previously a drag car from Georgia and no numbers matched, so I am not defiling a survivor car to make my clone.

I actually bought the car for my wife as she used to have one when she was younger. It turned out that she did not want it, so there it sat in the driveway while I was figuring out how I was going to get rid of it. After all, I was a Corvette guy....what would I want with a Mopar? The longer it sat in the driveway, the more I started taking a liking to the looks of it. After a few weeks, I decided to keep the car and make a GTX clone out of it. I have since learned that it would have been cheaper to just buy a real GTX, but my 3 year journey is almost over and I have learned a lot along the way.

Now I have sold my Corvettes and bought a 98 Chevy Metro to fight the high gas prices. I have fought many battles along the way for the GTX clone, but it is now in for paint and I hope to have in on the road by the end of the year. I have come over to the dark side......and I LIKE it!

78D200 08-17-2009 01:42 AM

Welcome!

Morrigan_Aria 08-17-2009 07:45 AM

How awesome! I have a 67 Belve I 2 door post, that the previous owner put alot of real GTX parts on. Contemplating buying a GTX and swapping the parts over.

Please post pics! I'm a sucker for 66-67 B bodies! And welcome to the dark side.

Oh, I am currently living south of Seattle, but still running Oregon plates on the Belve...I've lived all over PDX and was raised out in Washington County.

67gtxclone 08-17-2009 01:03 PM

Thank you for the welcomes! I live in Jefferson, OR which is about 10 miles south of Salem. Here is a link to lots of pics starting from before I bought the car to just after the first failed paint job. It is in for paint again, and I have high confidence that this time it will be successful.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...67%20Plymouth/

Trust me, I have a long and convoluted story!

crmzendrgone 08-17-2009 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 67gtxclone (Post 27391)
Now I have sold my Corvettes and bought a 98 Chevy Metro to fight the high gas prices. I have fought many battles along the way for the GTX clone, but it is now in for paint and I hope to have in on the road by the end of the year. I have come over to the dark side......and I LIKE it!

Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies.:D

67 GTX 08-17-2009 07:53 PM

welcome to the forum

67gtxclone 08-17-2009 09:30 PM

Yeah, I read a thread about cookies and who has them.........:D

Morrigan_Aria 08-17-2009 10:22 PM

Heh.

Mr.Duster 08-17-2009 11:28 PM

hey welcome

67 GTX 08-18-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by 67gtxclone (Post 27455)
Yeah, I read a thread about cookies and who has them.........:D

:D:D:D

67gtxclone 08-18-2009 09:07 AM

I'm feelin' the love! Thank you all very much for the welcomes!!!