Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP ME with my '77 Holden Kingswood.. 3 speed manual isn't enough :( (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/please-help-me-my-77-holden-kingswood-3-speed-manual-isnt-enough-7849/)

vanilla 10-25-2010 06:10 AM

PLEASE HELP ME with my '77 Holden Kingswood.. 3 speed manual isn't enough :(

Hey guys,
I'm brand new at this, so bear with me here :)

I'm really interested in buying a 1977 Holden Kingswood HZ, she's a gorgeous car; with a 6 cylinder petrol carburettor on 3.3L ...
The problem is, she's a 3 speed manual (obviously from her age) and I don't think she would have enough power for me.

So my question is; can I change her 3 speed manual to a 4 or even 5 speed manual? I'm quite literally in love and I have enough to buy her because she's dirt cheap but in fantastic nick... but this is my only downfall..

I couldn't find any other answers on the web, so I'm begging you guys to help me out please!!! :):)
x

78D200 10-25-2010 06:24 AM

That's a GM based car..........

vanilla 10-25-2010 06:28 AM

general motors, yeah..
and I know I'm sounding like a complete idiot, but does that/how does that relate to my question? does that stop her from being able to be a 4 speed manual?

78D200 10-25-2010 06:30 AM

I think your missing the point. You are asking a question about a GM based car in a Mopar (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, AMC, Eagle, Plymouth) based forum. I think you need to be asking this question in a GM based forum.

1966sportfury 10-25-2010 11:41 AM

he figures he start with a site that has more common sense, then starting in a gm site,
to answer the question, if you dont think it will have enough power, buy it, then put a mopar engine and trans in her,

Polaradude 10-26-2010 04:04 PM

I am gonna send Ollie over to knock some sense into this one.

MReeves 10-26-2010 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1966sportfury (Post 57362)
he figures he start with a site that has more common sense, then starting in a gm site,
to answer the question, if you dont think it will have enough power, buy it, then put a mopar engine and trans in her,

Best advice for any Chebby...... Install a Mopar engine and tranny!!!!!

rr69half6bbl 10-27-2010 06:22 PM

Hello vanilla, heh, heh, your gonna get alot heat form this group about gm buggys here. But a quick answer to your question, im pretty sure the down under big 3 all had only a few suppliers for all brands. so If you went to a newer model holden or ford maybe w/ a 4 speed you should be able to conver t it over.