2000 Cirrus Lxi, spurts coolant v6, 2.5L

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Cirrus Lxi, spurts coolant v6, 2.5L

So I was one day starting the car. It took real long to start, finally when it got started I reversed a little and there engine stopped in idle and then I had to crank for some real good time, after then it started and I pushed gas real good thinking that it would warm the engine up like (4000 rpm) a bit of smoke came out from the engine side like a burning oil but anyway I finally parked it back, the temprature guage went high by then.

I woke up next morning and again started the car it worked fine , all things were fine until I found that it shuts off on idle. One shade tree mechanic came and noticed oil burning with smokes around it and told me that its a valve cover gasket. 150 dollar later, things remained same. So he started throwing more darts and I said good bye to him.

Now when I pour water with the garden hose inside the radiator it spurts all the water right underneath from the engine, another shade tree mechanic came and guessed its thermostat, thermostat housing, but both were dry completely and the water spurting could be from the freeze plug.

Now anything I pour in the radiator opening it just flows right down on the engine as if there is somewhat a big hole somewhere down under the engine.

There is no visibility to find out the exact location, its not radiator hose, its not radiator, its not lower radiator hose, its not water pump , its not the water pipe going from the water pump to the radiator hose.

I dont know what it is

My car is 139K miles , a bit of oil leakage (but thats usual), oil remains full always, now runs, goes for smaller distance but with dry radiator i dont wanna blow up something more bigger in dollar value.

Can somebody please help
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
It could be a bad water pump, that's tricky to change I believe it is driven off the timing chain