Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Cloud Cars / DSMs (https://moparforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   2011+ Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f47/2011-chrysler-200-dodge-avenger-16059/)

chlngr1970 10-22-2013 07:12 PM

2011+ Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger?

Would the new 200/Avenger go here?

I have in my stable a 2012 200, and will soon have a '13 Avenger. It's been a while since I was here, and am back with an Avengence :D

If this is the wrong place, Mods, please move to the appropriate forum.

2012 Chrysler 200 LX

Tungsten, 4cyl, 4spd auto, base model.

Purchased for gas milage.

Now being driven by my GF daughter, who lost her Acura Itegra to a car thief ( surprise, surprise, surprise... )

So, I got a new job and bought a 2013 Avenger SXT Blacktop edition. She is dead sexy..

V6, 6Spd auto, leather heated seats, Sunroof, 6.5" touch screen navigation deck.

So, what have I done to the 200? I'm glad you asked. I installed a 7" touch screen IDMV, added a back up cam, put in Focal 165V30 speakers in the front doors, and added an Alpine MRX-F65 4ch amp. I was planning on bridging the MRX for the front speakers ( read 200WPC RMS ) and adding an MRX-V70 and bridging that as well ( 180WPC RMS ) for the rear, and a 350W RMS 2ohms mono all in one chassis. I have a R/S package for the 200, but never gotr around to doing it. If I ever get the car back, I'm going forward with my plan, and order the Focal 690CVX 6X9s for the rear. I'd LOVE to add heated seats, and fog lamps. I may, again if I get the car back soon, order the fog lamp housings from the dealer, and wire them in myself.

The Avenger...

What is there to do? I have the R/S module for it. I want to put in better speakers and add a sub. The stock HU is good enough for now. I'm thinking of going with 2 pair of Focal 690CVX and Focal 3.5s in the dash, like stock. I don't know what to do for amping them. I may go with two Alpine MRX-V70s bridged, and two 350RMS subs. Don't know...a lot is up in the air till my GF gets her job...

I would like to mod the motor to 350 HP. I need to see what the stock 1/4 mile time is, and see if I can shave that down to the next second. We shall see what we shall see...

More later...

j