Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Cloud Cars / DSMs (https://moparforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   finally DONE! (https://moparforums.com/forums/f47/finally-done-8003/)

scotts74birds 11-12-2010 09:10 PM

finally DONE!

I picked up a 99 Cirrus in great shape with 93k on it in July for $500. Loaded, leather, sunroof, great body and interior. The PO thought it had a miss in it and installed 3 computers [still have them], new distributor [thank you], new crank position sensor [thank you again!]. He then figured that it must have jumped time [started on timing belt change]. Found out he was over his head and threw too much money at it. He let it sit, so shit [leaves and twigs] got into the intake. I tore the heads off, lapped valves, re-sealed the valve guides, and re-assembled. Replaced timing belt and water pump. Still didnt start. The PO didn't set the CPS at the right depth to read the crank! Now a killer commuter car that I can get another 100k out of! Dont overlook these JA [Cloud-cars] as good commuter vehicles. I have 238K on my other one with no engine issues. The 2.5 V6 is a great motor.

blue 68 gts 11-13-2010 12:20 AM

Sweet deal! :D

That CPS can really Eff someone up.. Damn sensors!

i've always heard good things about the motors, just not the transmissions

scotts74birds 11-15-2010 06:38 PM

Thanks man! Not all the motors were good. Stay way from anything with the early 2.7. Transes are finicky. MUST use the +2,+3,or +4 fluid specified! NO LONGER COMPATIBLE WITH DEXRON! I've seen fluids on the shelf that say "compatible", THEY AREN'T! Dexron is too "sticky" for the new trannys. I am going to try to rebuild one this winter and I'll let all know how it goes.

blue 68 gts 11-15-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by scotts74birds (Post 58568)
Thanks man! Not all the motors were good. Stay way from anything with the early 2.7. Transes are finicky. MUST use the +2,+3,or +4 fluid specified! NO LONGER COMPATIBLE WITH DEXRON! I've seen fluids on the shelf that say "compatible", THEY AREN'T! Dexron is too "sticky" for the new trannys. I am going to try to rebuild one this winter and I'll let all know how it goes.

I like Dextron.. but always gotta go back to "Manufacture spec"..

My ex's Integra has been having shifting problems for years. I can't figure out why... The only actual conclusion I could come to was it wasn't the "honda specified " something or another fluid..

Several techs drove it "normal" i drove it "CLUNK" into 2nd and 3rd. Whos training these guys now a days?