Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Neon / SRT-4 (https://moparforums.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   question about muffler (https://moparforums.com/forums/f50/question-about-muffler-3921/)

Nightwish 08-17-2009 06:58 PM

question about muffler

Hi everyone, my Neon's muffler is about to die from rust, and I don't even think it'll go through winter. So I gotta save up for a new one. Thing is I want to get an SRT/4 dual tip one... Cause I think it'd add in the looks of my car and I've been told it would add a little bit of rumble sound, but not much.

So I don't really know what I will need to change that. Of course I have absolutely no knowledge in cars mechanics, thus I'll probably need to get a garage to do it for me, but I think it'd be a whole lot better if I'd buy them myself.

If anybody can help me out as in what to shop for, and maybe even where to shop for it, I'd appreciate it a lot!! Cause I dunno what the muffler looks like exactly, I want a basic SRT/4 dual tip one, unless something else could be better... and would I need some other pieces to attach the new muffler to the car since it's an SRT/4.

Thanks in advance!!

78D200 08-18-2009 01:52 AM

E-bay and craigslist. What about a flowmaster delta 60? THose are designed for 4 cylinder cars.

Nightwish 08-18-2009 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by 78D200 (Post 27465)
E-bay and craigslist. What about a flowmaster delta 60? THose are designed for 4 cylinder cars.

But that flowmaster delta 60 one doesn't have two pipes...or is there a kind with two pipes? And I don't even know if I have 4 cylinders XD I have a Dodge Neon SXT (methinks, it's SX 2.0 in Canada), not an SRT/4

78D200 08-18-2009 12:18 PM

A 2.0 is a 4 cylinder and no, it is a single out. It might be cheaper and easier to install though. . . just saying.

Nightwish 08-18-2009 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 78D200 (Post 27526)
A 2.0 is a 4 cylinder and no, it is a single out. It might be cheaper and easier to install though. . . just saying.

alright, thanks for the informations still! I'll keep that in mind =)