Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   1970 charger RT (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/1970-charger-rt-571/)

firstmopar 01-03-2008 01:03 PM

1970 charger RT

Not to sure about this car being an old chev man. Always wanted this. Finally have one but not sure where to go or call for info on build sheet or options. Is there a place that if I give my v.i.n. # I can retrieve what the car came with? If someone could help me in a direction, that would be nice. Thanks

siliconcrunch 01-03-2008 04:29 PM

I once found a VIN decoder in a Yearone book.
www.yearone.com

Originally Posted by firstmopar (Post 1708)
Not to sure about this car being an old chev man. Always wanted this. Finally have one but not sure where to go or call for info on build sheet or options. Is there a place that if I give my v.i.n. # I can retrieve what the car came with? If someone could help me in a direction, that would be nice. Thanks

karkrazy 12-17-2009 10:07 AM

VIN DECODE

Try 1971 Dodge Charger super bee web site, I know You said 70 but just look for the vin number decode its the same.....

BuckNeccid 12-17-2009 08:21 PM

The VIN is just going to give you the Model (Charger) year, engine type, and plant of manufacture. If you have the data plate off the inner wheel well or the build sheet (normally found behind the rear seat back) then you can chase down options the car was built with.

challenger 12-20-2009 07:04 AM

these will help you find most everything you need on your car :)
Mopar VIN Decoder

Mopar Muscle Cars

Mopar Casting Numbers - MyMopar.com - Mopar Part Numners

Mopar Codes - MyMopar.com - Mopar Part Numbers

MyMopar.com - MyMopar Tools/Reference

hope it helps you

Coronet1970RTguy 12-20-2009 08:32 AM

If you have the fender tag info I can decode the car for you. I used to decode cars all the time and got to the point I didnt need a book to do it.

I since the had a stroke (90% memory gone) and now Im teaching myself the codes all over again.

I have been thinking about doing a post to help others decode their cars and in doing so it helps me to get back what I lost.

I will send a pm and congrats on getting a great car and a great year Charger.

Polaradude 12-20-2009 03:50 PM

hate to be Capt. Buzzkill but this thread is old, it's from 08.

old tired rebel 12-20-2009 07:57 PM

Maybe we can bring up old threads just to kill them again.

mr340 12-21-2009 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by old tired rebel (Post 34732)
Maybe we can bring up old threads just to kill them again.

That seems to have already started, seen quite a few dead ones resurface lately...