Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   New to the Forum / 1969 Fury III Convertible (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/new-forum-1969-fury-iii-convertible-3339/)

hasone33 06-18-2009 08:04 AM

New to the Forum / 1969 Fury III Convertible

Hello all, this is my first post as I am new to the forum. I have decided to fix up a 1969 Plymouth Fury III Convertible that I have owned for about 12 years. This car has been moved from multiple warehouses and garages over the years but has only been driven about 1000 miles in the 12 year timeframe.
I do not have pictures now but will take some soon and post them.
I wanted to mention that I am a newbee in this process as I enjoyed driving the car but do not understand or have never learned about how the vehicle mechanically runs so my terminology might not be the best but I am willing to learn.
It has a V8 383 engine that is in pretty good shape (it was rebuilt about a year before I purchased it), the body is in good shape with no rust. The interior is not bad but needs to be replaced. The convertible top has a hole in the back plastic window and is a little rough overall.
I put new tire on it a few years after I got it. The tires have no mileage on them but do have some cracks in the walls from being put up over the years.
My original plan was to fix it up to sell. But now after having a little work done to it, I really want to keep it to cruise but do not want to spend my kids college education on it. I guess that is part of the restoring or restufication process.
My goal is to get it mechanically sound first and then maybe look at replacing the top and interior. Here is what I have done so far
1. Replaced the battery and alternator.
2. Converted carburetor to a new Holley 4 barrell from a 2 barrell.
3. Got radiator patched.
4. Replaced gas tank.
Next on the list is full brake job and shocks and then look for a new convertible top.
I have noticed when looking for parts and accesories, they are hard to come by, do yall have any suggestions on where to look for parts especially and new convertible top and seat cover replacements.

I am looking forward to hearing from everyone.
Thanks, Jason

Crazy4Carz.Com 06-18-2009 09:06 AM

Year one and legendary. Also, I don't know where you live, but Chryslers at Carlisle is coming up very soon. You could build your entire car from the Vendors/swap meet area. This is an event that is definitely worth attending. Even if you have to fly in and rent a car the possible money you could save may balance out.

Anyone restoring a car, this is a must attend event. Any Mopar fan that can make it will NOT be dissapointed.

Oops, I forgot, Good luck with your car.

78D200 06-18-2009 09:22 AM

Welcome to the forum!

E-bay can be your friend when looking for certain parts but be careful as there are some scammers out there. Otheriwse swap meets and car shows are your best bet.

67 GTX 06-18-2009 04:26 PM

welcome to the forum
carlisle is a great place to be