Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Thinking of trading my E for a B body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/thinking-trading-my-e-b-body-971/)

sbklf 04-21-2008 11:10 AM

Thinking of trading my E for a B body

I am 95% finished with my 1971 Cuda restoration since 2003. It needs small things (example is WS wiper arms not installed, visors not installed and some othter small things) yet but the major work is done. It is #'s matching including the motor and transmission. I disassembled it, sent the body to a painter and motor to a mechanic (firend) but did the rest myself. I did the work as if to keep it forever and feel it is a quality restoration. I now have the urge for a 69 4speed Roadrunner. I can not go thru another restoration (the Cuda took me 10 years) now that I have a daughter and can not afford both so am considering trading. The only comparison on values I have made are from E-bay.

What is the value difference between a 71 Cuda and 69 Roadrunner similarily restored?

Zach8200 04-21-2008 04:49 PM

first off what do you have in the cuda for a motor the 70 71 "cuda's" are just as expensive as the 69 road runners if not more depending on what the cars is equipt with and how it was restored using original parts or aftermarket it all depends but I would definitly get your car appraised before trading or selling do you have your build sheet big plus original motor big plus do some looking before going and buying a road runner Id definitly go and see the car before bidding on it if thats what you plan on doing on ebay

sbklf 04-23-2008 04:46 AM

I'm just looking for a like kind comparison, original vs. original, clone vs. clone, #'s matching vs. #'s matching, high quality resto vs. high quality resto, options should not matter. It seems to me that Cuda's are bringing more than RR's these days, that is what I am trying to find out.

Zach8200 04-23-2008 12:56 PM

your cuda should bring more in than a road runner they go for allot and are more wanted that is if you can afford a cuda lol they are $$$$

Polaradude 05-25-2009 03:22 AM

Go Away, no spam

Crazy4Carz.Com 05-25-2009 05:21 AM

Either this is a bogus post or you don't understand the car hobby. You were asked what motor? E body's were equipped with anything from a leaning tower of power to a HEMI. Values are based around that. Also "restored" has different meaning to different people. Painted? $8000.00 job or was it done with a roller? Way more info needed here to give you vale comparisons.

Polaradude 05-25-2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy4Carz.Com (Post 20290)
Either this is a bogus post or you don't understand the car hobby. You were asked what motor? E body's were equipped with anything from a leaning tower of power to a HEMI. Values are based around that. Also "restored" has different meaning to different people. Painted? $8000.00 job or was it done with a roller? Way more info needed here to give you vale comparisons.

Steve it seems to be a dead thread that some spammer logged into this morning, but we have sent him away. I like the roller idea...lmao