Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Too Embarrased To Ask (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/too-embarrased-ask-7867/)

Frank's 69 10-26-2010 08:25 PM

Too Embarrased To Ask

My "BUDDY" was going to help me throw my 383 back in the road runner. (the engin has been collecting some HP, and the body finaly came back from the shop from a well over due paint job). So Gorilla Hands, decides to get started with the motor mounts. Fine, right? WRONG!!!!!!!! he breaks the smaller motor mount boss clean off the passenger side of the block. It did not travel into a water jacket. I've been asking around, and I'm being told that since it's the pass. side of the block I can get away with utilizing the 2 existing mount points, and proceed with the install, and "IT WILL BE FINE" So, finaly my question. Does anyone know anyone running around with a 383 pushing around 400-450 hp with a busted pass side motor mount ear? If so, just how "FINE" is it? :mad: Thanks, from a very "PISSED OFF" Frank

78D200 10-27-2010 02:40 AM

Look at my sig and you'll find your answer.

1966sportfury 10-27-2010 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by 78D200 (Post 57446)
Look at my sig and you'll find your answer.

high torque duct tape. lol.
i dont see it being a problem. it wouldnt be the first ear broke off that ive seen on a running engine,

Crazy4Carz.Com 10-27-2010 05:22 AM

The engine rotating assy is such that the engine "pulls" on the drivers side mount and "compresses" the passenger side mount. You will be fine. I am using a stock type sandwich mount on the passenger side on my dart, leaving on a trans brake with more horses than you are talking about and there is no issues.

Just dont do any severe launches in reverse. ;)

rexus31 10-27-2010 07:07 AM

I'm confused. Did the bolt break off in the block or did the ear break off the motor mount or both?

rr69half6bbl 10-27-2010 06:43 PM

just the 2 ears will be fine. I dont know how many times ,Ive bought older mopes, got them home , then drove around for weeks, and then put the jack on the motor to lift it up and the motor mount is completely deteriorated. and wasnt held down at all.