Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Wheel identification. (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/wheel-identification-2319/)

gonn6d 02-16-2009 03:00 PM

Wheel identification.

1 Attachment(s)
can anyone tell me more about these wheels? i found it in a salvage yard and i am useing it as a spare on my 67 coronet 500. i would like to find three more if anyone can help. it says plymouth on the backside. thanks guys.

Commando 02-16-2009 05:45 PM

I like those, how big is the rim?

rr69half6bbl 02-16-2009 10:40 PM

I think that those are mid t late 70`s wheels on the mirada, aspen and volare bodies.ive seen them mostly on miradas. Nice looking wheel. They came in 15" No 14`s that ive seen.

gonn6d 02-19-2009 01:43 PM

sounds good

yes. this one is a 15. any ideas were you think that i may get more? i think that they look cool on my 67 coronet 500. and thanks for the info.

rr69half6bbl 02-19-2009 10:25 PM

your welcome, They are nice wheels. I dont know of anyone who is repoping them. I would say look in your local junk yards first. I can look at my buddys private mopar yard for you the first part of march. see what I can find. He has a few miradas and magnum bodies there. try running a want add in this site and other mopar sites. i think there is a 70`s early 80`s mopar car site on the web too. good luck.

johnthegoalie 02-19-2009 10:41 PM

check this out, no pics but plenty of mirada wheels
www.car-part.com
select all the specifics and quite a bit come up

gonn6d 02-20-2009 02:13 PM

thanks

thanks for all of the input guys. yeah, i got this one from a local yard. at first i thought it was a shelby wheel. so it kinda blew me away when i was cleaning it to find plymouth on it. it just looks so good on my darned coronet that i really want to do all 4 like that. you can kinda see the big drums through it but all that means is that i need to paint them. thanks again.

gonn6d 02-23-2009 05:22 AM

update on the wheel. i went to the yard were i got it to get a gas tank for my car. i was talking to the owners son about the tire and he said that he had been looking for it. apparently his dad did not know that he had 3 others like it and that he needed that one to make a set. i got it for 20 bucks. so i asked if he would trade me the wheel i bought for a police wheel and rubbers for 2 of them (i already have one 15 inch police wheel). so that i can mount those on my car. he got excited and said yes. so i did my good deed for the day. later guys.