Powerwagon Project - Page 5 - Mopar Forums

Member's Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #121
Mopar Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowan View Post
You need a swing down step on each side powered by an air, electric or hydraulic actuator.

I know
That would be cool actually.

Marty
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:58 AM   #122
Mopar Lover

You could trigger it with a power door lock remote or with the door locks.
Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #123
Mopar Fanatic

Been awhile since I posted. Delays as usual. Two week delay waiting for parts. Sat in customs for a week...grrr. But finally here and truck goes back into the main shop this afternoon. Interior of bed is being finished and the running boards will then be finished. Passenger and driver's window and hardware going in for a check. A couple of little welding jobs left inside cab. Then it's time to pull her apart and start prep for the paint. With any luck and no delays, the pull apart might be ready to start late next week or early the following week. I don't get too excited until it actually happens. Watched deadlines come and go throughout the whole project...but pretty sure this will be ready for the road sometime in June. As for paint, it will be green body with black fenders and running boards. We discussed options and I've decided to go with a Rhino type product where the paint gets mixed in. Thought long and hard about this and finally decided the benefits are good. No worries about scratching it during offroad travels, no waxing needed, and it saves about $5000 in bodywork. The attached picture shows a hood from a logging truck done in British racing green. I'm thinking the military green which is a bit darker. we shall see.

Marty
Attached Thumbnails
Powerwagon Project-.png  
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #124
Mopar Lover

I LOVE that green colour, I'm a crazy about green guy. When I painted the Coronet I went with the 1974 Chrysler Dark Green Metallic which looks close to that in the photo.

I really like the mix idea for a working truck and saving bucks is a bonus. I really like the black fender/running board idea too. This beast will look classy.

Saw a neat bumper sticker on a Dodge 3500 like ours said "Just Tuggin' Stuff".

I love working trucks not the parking lot queens my son sees coming into the dealership he works at all the time. Laughable F 150's with lift and big tires taking out the wheel bearings every 6 months not even working without a scratch in the bed!
Coronet 500 is offline   Reply With Quote