Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Non-Mopar Tech Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f67/)
-   -   anybody know anything about honda 4 wheelers? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f67/anybody-know-anything-about-honda-4-wheelers-2997/)

ryan_e 05-08-2009 07:33 PM

anybody know anything about honda 4 wheelers?

alright i got an 86 honda trx 125 four wheeler and when i got it the carb only had one bolt in it so i tore it apart put a new gasket on it, put new bolts in it, and put it back together but alot of water got into the tank. i drain as much as i possibly could out of it and put 87 octane in it, then it never wanted to run. i just put a new plug in it cause there was nothing left and i swaped the 87(had a lot of gunk in it) and put 89 in it. now it runs off and on, you can give it hell one minute and itll haul ass but then it just boggs down and it almost sounds like its not gettin enough air but im not sure. any suggestions?

78D200 05-08-2009 09:00 PM

Go see a Honda dealer. I hate saying it but it is true.

ryan_e 05-09-2009 06:50 AM

as far as i know there isn't one around here close i dont believe

Polaradude 05-09-2009 11:57 AM

Are you saying water got in the fuel tank or it drank water through the carb ? I'll help ya if I can, just need a little more info.:D

ryan_e 05-09-2009 02:30 PM

im sorry it got water in the tank its self while i had if off ( i tore the fenders and the gas tank off to make my life easier) its running better now but it still wants to die every now and then in higher gears and ever now and then first and neutral. i actually think its the hose on the carb running back to itself or the carb itself but im not quite sure

sgp7679 05-09-2009 08:04 PM

1st thing, DONT take it to a dealer. They usually dont work on old models. 2nd because they will rip you off. You said you switched for a 87 to a 89 or something? are you talking about the carb.? Check your jets, make sure their tight. Once my atv was doing that and the jet had fallen out, it will run with the jet out but very bad.

Polaradude 05-10-2009 03:45 AM

or there is crap in a circuit of the carb.

ryan_e 05-12-2009 07:47 AM

well i tore the carb apart the other day and found it to be kinda clogged up with a bunch of shit so i cleaned it out and put it back together and now its worse then before, im pretty sure its the float valve so i ordered a rebuild kit

ryan_e 05-21-2009 10:26 AM

alright guys ive rebuilt the carb and now it runs like a champ... for about 5 maybe 10 minutes if you dont let it die and if its not at idle. at idle it bogs down and dies out and if your at idle when its been running for a bit it bogs down when you give it gas. everytime its done this ive checked and fuels been running out the air box hose. any ideas?

MrOldart2U 09-30-2009 08:27 PM

Im no 4 wheeler expert but sounds to me like the float level is to high...

deadkelly 12-14-2009 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by ryan_e (Post 19077)
alright i got an 86 honda trx 125 four wheeler and when i got it the carb only had one bolt in it so i tore it apart put a new gasket on it, put new bolts in it, and put it back together but alot of water got into the tank. i drain as much as i possibly could out of it and put 87 octane in it, then it never wanted to run. i just put a new plug in it cause there was nothing left and i swaped the 87(had a lot of gunk in it) and put 89 in it. now it runs off and on, you can give it hell one minute and itll haul ass but then it just boggs down and it almost sounds like its not gettin enough air but im not sure. any suggestions?

try fuel filter , pull ya carb off again & fuel bowl . & give it another clean out . when you drain your fuel tank ( take the tank off ) ya should shake it around with metho ( metholated spirits ) get out all the metho & air dry . clean ya coil wires & make sure ya spark plug boot is clean & on tight . how is your air cleaner is it new ? if crappy replace . is there water in the air box ??