Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   2006 Ram truck 1500 problem (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/2006-ram-truck-1500-problem-18440/)

philsbrandt 03-29-2015 12:44 PM

2006 Ram truck 1500 problem

I ran my truck real low on gas, then I filled it up and started down the road. I did not even get a mile and it would hardly run. Then it got so bad that I had to get it towed. I assumed that it had crud from the bottom of the tank.
At my house I put in new spark plugs and cleaned out the fuel injectors. It will not run. It has spark, but it is still not getting gas ?
Can someone help me on this ?
Thanks
Phil B.

78D200 03-30-2015 03:04 AM

I doubt you have crud in the tank as the tank is sealed, or should be. If not I would imagine you would have smelled gas and noticed a leak from the gas splashing around.

There should be a nipple on the fuel rail somewhere, depress that and see if you have fuel coming out. If not, you can hook up a pressure gauge and see what it's producing (if anything) once you turn the key to the run position. Could be a relay failing, pump failing or a clogged filter.

philsbrandt 03-30-2015 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 78D200 (Post 127505)
I doubt you have crud in the tank as the tank is sealed, or should be. If not I would imagine you would have smelled gas and noticed a leak from the gas splashing around.

There should be a nipple on the fuel rail somewhere, depress that and see if you have fuel coming out. If not, you can hook up a pressure gauge and see what it's producing (if anything) once you turn the key to the run position. Could be a relay failing, pump failing or a clogged filter.

I bought a fuel pressure test kit. I researched that it should go to 50 to 60 PSI. I used it and it quickly shot up to 60 psi, as if it were as healthy as could be.
Do you think that it may be that there is no electricity getting to the fuel ejectors, telling them to open and close, could it be a fuse ?
I know for sure that the spark plugs are firing.
Thanks
Phil B.

Drag Pak 03-30-2015 11:39 AM

Try running it with the gas cap removed. Maybe there is a lack of venting issue? $0.02

xaza 03-30-2015 04:27 PM

If you start it, is it able to maintain fuel pressure? I paid about $40 for my Noid light kit for testing injectors.

RacerHog 03-30-2015 05:07 PM

Yes.. Check injector pulse....

TVLynn 04-01-2015 01:51 PM

Check to see if you got a tank full of water ????