Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Technical Questions (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Question about mopar bodies strength! (https://moparforums.com/forums/f7/question-about-mopar-bodies-strength-5489/)

Karpov 02-26-2010 06:14 AM

Question about mopar bodies strength!

Hi and sorry about my bad language and stupid question!

Gm / ford has frame + body, mopar only body.

How about crash strenght? Is body in thousand pieces when you crash with frame car?

Lets take c-body and town country / newport in my example.

Thx for answers!

67 GTX 02-26-2010 10:52 AM

mopar are uni-bodies
there frame and body are made as one
gm's are body/frames
they are bolted together
both are safe
mopar's tend to be a little lighter though

mopardrt 02-26-2010 11:34 AM

nothing a couple bolt on sub fram connectors and or some good old cold steel wont fix I do wish we could just unbolt evreything like a ford though.... BUT

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Karpov 02-27-2010 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by mopardrt (Post 39019)
nothing a couple bolt on sub fram connectors and or some good old cold steel wont fix I do wish we could just unbolt evreything like a ford though.... BUT

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Sorry but I really couldn't understand that.. i've been studying english in school for a couple of years, so could you please use a little bit more "easier" language :)? It would be very nice!

Does mopar have two different body types, whole selfcarrying and selfcarrying with subframe?

Karpov 03-14-2010 10:29 PM

anybody?

1966sportfury 03-15-2010 12:52 AM

well they do have what you call sub-frame, thats just the front end that can be un bolted from the main frame. what moprdrt is talking about "i think" is frame connectors. pieces of metel added to the frame to give it more strength. like a length of metel running from the left side of the uni-body rail to the right side l/l

1966sportfury 03-15-2010 02:54 AM

when it comes to a crash. or a head on, id rather be in a "C" "B" "F"...in that order...."a" and "e" are up in the air. then a "K" But e body’s do have the accordion steering Colum that could help cushion an impact