Vendor Classifieds This section is just for vendors, businesses, and site sponsors to post in.

Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!

Hello, and let me introduce myself!

Well,
I have come up with a viable solution for those doggone rear mixture screws on the Sixpack/6BBL setups. This was spawned by the need for adjusting my own setup on my '69 1/2 A-12 Super Bee easily and without having to shell out a gob of on those "other guys'" billet base plates where you have to remove the thing, swap the butterflies and grind away some of the bowls to still be able to access their "relocated", angled screws. Not only does this detract from the originality but it is a flat PITA! I have devised a long reach tool and special alloy hex-head screws that replace the original slotted ones. By using my tool, which has a ball-end, you can reach the screws from the side and make quick adjustments WITHOUT having to pull the carbs to do so!! Usually, one would adjust the front carb and then swap it with the rear and then adjust it but that is not always foolproof as those of you Sixpack owners have surely found to be the case. Once these screws are in place, the OEM look is still there and any further adjustments are quick and easy!

Necessity is the mother of invention!!

Now you can keep some of your hard earned $$ in your pocket and the originality of your beloved Mope intact! This is an inhancement by a Mopar guy for Mopar guys & gals......enough said.

Now for some of the particulars.

I used blue 1/4" OD Turcite for the handles. The overall length of the tool is 9 3/8" and is small enough to reach through the linkages and long enough to grab easily. I have decided to use the non-compliant, straight shank because it is a bit less "fidgety" to manipulate. With the undercut that I put on the ball end I achieve 25-degrees of compliance which is quite sufficient given the acute angle necessary to gain access to the screw heads. And being that my machined screws are a bit longer than the originals, it easier to "target". The screws are alloy steel and are tough. Not that this should matter but I did it for machinability and longevity. The handles are CNC engraved in one area as to make indexing a breeze. The down side is that even though I can bang these out fairly quickly, I do not have a chucker lathe to my avail so it is a bit time-consuming to make the screws on a single post Hardinge but I have a system in place none-the-less.

I've been doing this a long time so you can rest assured that these are made right and will last.

I have a couple of sets ready for immediate shipping (1 tool & 2 screws) and 6 more in the works by the end of next week.for those of my Mopar bretheren who wish to have these in their "stash".

I am offering these for $45.00 for the tool + the two screws and $60.00 with all four screws...and I'll pick up the shipping within the lower 48!
They will come in a mailer via USPS and will be carefully wrapped in a clear plastic tube which will serve as a sheath to protect it in your toolbox from the other tools that don't want to play nice in there!

I will stand behind them....you don't like 'em, I'll buy 'em back.

I will be listing these elsewhere for a slightly increased price but I want to give you guys the first crack at them since I posted them here first.

Fortunately, (or unfortunately) these will work for the Holley "Tri-power" setups for our fellow hot-rodders with the ties and ovals too so I will hit them up.

PM me if you want a set and I'll get them out.

Thanx,
Bud
Attached Thumbnails Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!-img_1020.jpg   Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!-img_1014.jpg   Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!-img_1015.jpg   Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!-img_1027.jpg   Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!-img_1026.jpg  

Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!-img_1024.jpg   Finally A Viable Solution For Accessing Those Pesky Sixpack Rear Carb Mixture Screws!-dsc00135.jpg  

Last edited by 69sixpackbee; 02-01-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:29 AM

are the kits still available and if so how do I order.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:37 AM

Six pack kit

Are these still available?