Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Interior/Exterior Electrical (https://moparforums.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   1976 D100 318 wiring issues? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f84/1976-d100-318-wiring-issues-19142/)

Keith Roberts 01-26-2016 05:10 PM

1976 D100 318 wiring issues?

Im am clueless right now. My truck will run fine one day. and some days it runs like crap.

Heres what it's doing. You will be driving, and it will shut off, You can crank it right up sometimes or it takes a few tries. it will drive for like 30 ft then cut off. Ive driven home plenty of times like this. It sucks!!! Ok, there is a blue wire on my (ignition switch( which is out out of the steering column ). It gets very hot, it smells and will burn you. It always hot, even when the truck is running Good. My oil pressure gauge is at 40 idle and over 100 while driving. 80 or 90 if im barely giving it gas. But it goes up as the engine rpms increase. So when when the truck is running, but is messing up. Sometimes it cuts right off, sometimes its very very very jumpy when given throttle. Rough idle sometimes, not always. Ive had to replace an alternator once when it happened. thats fixed the problem for maybe a week. I drove it 30 minutes from the house and it messed up half the time up there. then on the way back 3 hours later, it drove home with no problems.

Thanks for reading, i will ask further questions, and thanks for all your help.

RacerHog 01-26-2016 06:23 PM

Has you replaced the Ignition Module yet?

Oh... And welcome to the site....:)

Keith Roberts 01-26-2016 07:50 PM

Brand new module, not brand new but still new ACCEL coil. I put a DMM to the coil posts. It read 0.00 before it warmed up and after. There is something making everything screw up. Also that blue wire i mentioned, the one that is attached to the ign. switch. When the truck was running, the connection point from wire to the switch was red hot. Why is that wire getting soo hot?