2006 Charger electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Charger electrical problem

Hey Mopar gearheads, This is a tough one. All my idiot lights in my gauges come on momentarily and the gauge needles drop off slightly after awhile when the heater fan is on. The lights in my gauges do not dim or go out. It does not matter if my headlights are on or not. It happens only for a second or two. It is intermittent. I can drive for 5 minutes or 30 minutes before the problem occurs. I have been told the alt or perhaps a relay may be to blame. Battery & connections are solid. Anyone know anything??? Thanks
2006 Charger
Old 05-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dgbcharger
Hey Mopar gearheads, This is a tough one. All my idiot lights in my gauges come on momentarily and the gauge needles drop off slightly after awhile when the heater fan is on. The lights in my gauges do not dim or go out. It does not matter if my headlights are on or not. It happens only for a second or two. It is intermittent. I can drive for 5 minutes or 30 minutes before the problem occurs. I have been told the alt or perhaps a relay may be to blame. Battery & connections are solid. Anyone know anything??? Thanks
2006 Charger
Im not positive on this but I believe it is data signal going to your gauges in that car and will be almost impossible to diagnose yourself.

"easiest" place to start that I can think of would be try another cluster from an auto wrecker if you can find one.....

Not a good option but the only thing I can think of as a place to start.

Good Luck,
The following users liked this post:
dgbcharger (05-07-2015)