66 Dodge Monaco Conv front Window guide grommet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
66 Dodge Monaco Conv front Window guide grommet?

Please see attached pics. 1966 Dodge Monaco Convertible(canadian)

You will see in one of the pics, the hole in the glass for window in PIC 2.

I need to find the piece that goes in this hole that holds the front of the window in place but Im not sure what Im looking for and what else is missing.

If you look at pic # 5, it shows the driver side window which is ok, and you can see a guide around the front edge of the window but it seems to be missing on the broken window see Pic # 3.

I have been looking online and found some some sites out there that sell some window parts for these old dogs. But I have noticed there is not much out there for C bodies.

Can someone point out exactly what is missing from my pics and perhaps guide me to a source for replace parts.

Looks like I need the grommet or what ever you call that goes in the hole in the window, but there seems to be a guide or sleeve on the driver side window that is not on the passenger side.

Any direction or info on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Glen
Attached Thumbnails 66 Dodge Monaco Conv front Window guide grommet?-pic-1-.jpg   66 Dodge Monaco Conv front Window guide grommet?-pic-2-passenger-broken.jpg   66 Dodge Monaco Conv front Window guide grommet?-pic-3-passenger-edge-close-up.jpg   66 Dodge Monaco Conv front Window guide grommet?-pic-4-passenger-broken-closeup.jpg   66 Dodge Monaco Conv front Window guide grommet?-pic-5-driver-side-window-ok.jpg  

Old 01-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 869 Likes on 848 Posts
I think the name is called a window Guide.....
Source.... You got me that one??????
Old 01-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
It is a plastic guide pin , like a T mounted through a mylar strip. Guides the window up & down
Old 01-20-2015, 04:13 AM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by TVLynn
It is a plastic guide pin , like a T mounted through a mylar strip. Guides the window up & down

thanks.....there seems to be kits out there for other body styles like B & E, But I don't understand how this part of a window would be much different between body styles.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
Other than length of the mylar I would say they are the same
The following users liked this post:
labradorian70 (01-20-2015)
Old 01-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by TVLynn

Thanks , Just a matter of finding one I guess. Spoke to a guy in my area today, he has some 66/67fury's in his yard and some other Mopar stuff buried in snow right now. I'll be by his place in the spring to see what I can find if I don't find anything in the meantime.

cheers
Old 01-26-2015, 07:26 AM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by RacerHog
I think the name is called a window Guide.....
Source.... You got me that one??????
Someone posted this on another forum I was in......

This is the kit as sold...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361089044066
This is for one side only, you would need to get two to do both sides.
This is a good price.

Chrysler Part Number: 1-02932230
Old 01-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
You are better off to change the entire channel run with the vent window attached. Been there done that and removal from a junk car is a snap. On the other hand, the disassembly and repair of yours is a bitch and you have to remove the entire run any way. This usually happens as a result of binding and poor alignement of the lower guides. As a matter of fact, there are probably missing or worn pieces down below - guide rollers and slides come to mind. Time for a complete teardown, cleaning, rebuilding and possibly staightening lift arms. It's been abused and ignored for years.

Last edited by Rooty; 01-26-2015 at 11:04 AM.
labradorian70 (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by Rooty
You are better off to change the entire channel run with the vent window attached. Been there done that and removal from a junk car is a snap. On the other hand, the disassembly and repair of yours is a bitch and you have to remove the entire run any way. This usually happens as a result of binding and poor alignement of the lower guides. As a matter of fact, there are probably missing or worn pieces down below - guide rollers and slides come to mind. Time for a complete teardown, cleaning, rebuilding and possibly staightening lift arms. It's been abused and ignored for years.

thanks for the heads up. i'll have to compare the drivers side with the passenger side to see if anything is missing. i have the inner door cover off and looked along the inside bottom of the door and didn't see any lose parts lying around. the window does go up and down ok, other than this guide to hold it in place is missing.

sounds like it's a bitch to install this kit, however I did order it. with it being a bitch to install......maybe a couple of beers before I start may help me through it.

thanks

Last edited by labradorian70; 01-26-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
It's best to remove everything and wash down the metal window guides and regrease with a light moly. If you do this you should make sure to measure the gap for the adjusters and put them back exactly the same distance. I used labelled cardboard gap spacers for each standoff bolt. It would be great if you had an OEM manual for final adjustment like I do. The procedure is very easy when you know what standoff has what effect - in/out, forward/back and up/down stop. The guides also set the tilt of the glass and allow you to move the entire window backwards and forwards to get the proper sealing at the rear wiper seal of the rear window if it's a hardtop. If necessary I can send pictures and instructions from my manual. While your at it this would be a good time to do the sill wipers.
labradorian70 (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by Rooty
It's best to remove everything and wash down the metal window guides and regrease with a light moly. If you do this you should make sure to measure the gap for the adjusters and put them back exactly the same distance. I used labelled cardboard gap spacers for each standoff bolt. It would be great if you had an OEM manual for final adjustment like I do. The procedure is very easy when you know what standoff has what effect - in/out, forward/back and up/down stop. The guides also set the tilt of the glass and allow you to move the entire window backwards and forwards to get the proper sealing at the rear wiper seal of the rear window if it's a hardtop. If necessary I can send pictures and instructions from my manual. While your at it this would be a good time to do the sill wipers.
sounds like an involved process..... here is a link to the manual i have...

66 Monaco Manual 66 Monaco Manual

... is this the same OEM manual that you are referring too. there is some info in the area of section 23-26 about door glass adjustments and related info. If this is not the same manual you are refering to, I would certainly appreciate it very much if you could send me the info you have.

Again, Rooty, thanks for your help.

cheers

Glen