Vehicle(s) Wanted What vehicle are you looking for?

LOST 1969 ROADRUNNER

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOST 1969 ROADRUNNER

Hello everyone, My name is Hagan and I live near Daytona Beach,Fl and I am new to the Mopar Forums.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am looking for a LOST 69 RR. My uncle in 1969 bought the RR new when he returned home from the service, but traded it back in about a year later for a pickup so he could move his family to Florida to start a business with his dad. He does not have any paperwork on the car(so I don't have a vin), but is was BAHAMA YELLOW, with a 383 and a 4 speed. It had black interior, buckets with console I believe, no air, no power steering or power brakes. He purchased and traded the car in at JB DELANEY Dodge Plymouth Dealer in Falmouth,Ky. He remembers hearing that a lady(unknown age or name) from Cynthiana,Ky purchased the RR from said Dealer in 1970'ish and that was the last information he had. I remember as a kid, riding with him and shifting the gears. Now that I have Mopars myself we talk and he reminices about his old RR. I would like to try and locate this car if it still exists, buy it, restore it or at least put it on a trailer and take it to him so he can sit in it, drive it before he is gone. I am not saying he is ill or anything and I hope he is around for a long time, but he is over 70 and I would like to get the car back in the family. I know there is not much to go on, but I know that Mopar owners like to know the history of their cars, so if anyone out there can help or knows of a RR matching the description with original owner purchasing from above dealer or from the 2nd owner in Cynthiana please let me know. I thank you in advance.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Long shot but,

Hagan, I posted this awhile back but if you have the vin number of the lost rr, try this link. http://lynchroad.com

It's a long shot for you but might give you something. More than likely it won't but you never know. It's a database for folks to enter their mopar info. It is not specific to vehicles built at lynch road. So maybe someone entered the vin and some info will be there.

Also, if you have any old pics of the RR, that may help too.

If you don't have the vin, check with old insurance company if there was insurance on it. They keep records a very long time.

Very difficult to find lost ones but not impossible. This is a good place to start!

Good luck!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks Myraman.