Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   A-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   1974 Duster Bucket Seats (https://moparforums.com/forums/f9/1974-duster-bucket-seats-16345/)

DUSTERforLIFE 12-19-2013 03:32 PM

1974 Duster Bucket Seats

I am thinking of putting some Late Model Buckets in a 74 Duster. Has anyone out there used or knows what Late Model seats work and look the Best ???????

Thanks in Advance

ZombiePopper 12-19-2013 08:11 PM

You can just about put any seat in any car, but the problem is the seat tracks.
I've put ramcharger bucket seats and console in a power wagon, but I had to redrill the seat track holes in the floor pan.
I've put neon buckets and console in an olds cutlass, but I had to "tweak" the seat tracks and again redrill the holes in the floor pan.
Etc., etc.
There's a ton of aftermarket seats out there, but the seat tracks will be the issue.
I've always liked the buckets that came in those cars originally, are you just wanting newer style seats? Or "sportier" seats?

DUSTERforLIFE 12-20-2013 01:14 PM

like to put some new style seats for comfort maybe like a charger R/T

ZombiePopper 12-20-2013 11:53 PM

It should be pretty easy to do,
as long as you don't mind possibly "tweaking" the seat tracks and drilling new holes in the floor pan.

bremereric 12-21-2013 06:31 AM

I got a friend Jeff with a 74 Dart. He has some R/T seats set up in his car. Some modification to the rear is needed for the rear seat.

chlngr1970 12-21-2013 06:24 PM

I bought a set of Neon 2dr seats for my Duster, but haven't got them in yet. I also picked up a pair of Chrysler Cirrus seats for my Dart ( that I ended up selling ) and never got them installed either. The seat tracks on the front need to be bent, or some sort of bracket needs to be fabricated to use it.

j

DUSTERforLIFE 12-21-2013 06:42 PM

BRE.... do you think he would mind me calling him on night for some info ??????