Jeremey's 1970 Plymouth Satellite Sport - Build Thread!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Jeremey's 1970 Plymouth Satellite Sport - Build Thread!

Here is the Story and Build Thread for my recently acquired, All Original Ivy Green Metallic, 1970 Plymouth Satellite Sport!

Story (Long):
I was at the local Pick-N-Pull self service wrecking yard, Looking at cars they have for sale as "Builders" for something to use as a Daily Driver, Nothing called out to me besides a Minty 1993 LT1 Camaro, But it wouldn't start, And had unknown engine and or tranny problems.

Just about to leave I hear a very loud man who had been talking with a couple that just bought a late 90's Explorer. He exclaimed "WOW LOOK AT THAT SATELLITE, I BET THEY PUT OUT FOR SALE SOON, THAT THING IS AWESOME".
I promptly headed over and this is what was seen:
Name:  IMG_20121217_154147.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  133.9 KB
Now this junkyard is pretty UN-organized and not one person ever seems to know what the other is doing most of the time it seems...
So I went through 2 checkers that led me to a yard worker whom had just come in from outside and said, "Oh the Plymouth Satellite? Yea that thing just drove in you want to buy it?" My Response "Possibly, How much? Can I go look at it?" He then led me to Office 1, Where they said "Ya that's fine, Go see so and so about getting a price and such" And led me over to Office 2.
Had to wait like 15minutes for the lady to come into "Office 2" from the staging area all out of breath, Where she didn't even know what I was talking about, Was very blunt and didn't seem to care much at all about my situation. She then (Without even checking) Couldn't give me a price, Wrote down my name and number (Not positive she even actually wrote it down) And said I'd get a call back in 2 days at the least, And that I could not go see it/look it over.

I left and couldn't stop thinking about it.
I called first thing the next morning and asked to avoid the previous Lady and talk to a manager or owner of the yard, I got "Melissa" On the phone who I then played phone tag back and forth for several hours and she said I could come in (18th) And look at it up close, But had to wear a construction helmet and vest to enter the staging area, And the Price would be $1299. Also went out and checked on some question I had.

I grabbed my father and we headed right over, Suited up (Workers reflective stuff) and was led to the yard.
They had now written sales numbers on all the body parts that were not there the day before, Which means it would have gotten processed and sent to the graveyard before being crushed... She was also a bit rougher than expected, My mindset at the time not being familliar with classic Mopars was parts would be extremely hard to find and expensive.
I also wasn't really looking for another project, Just a reliable vehicle.
But even with the broken metal behind the quarter and drivers door and it not shutting and random other truly minor issues now that I've looked into it IMO) I just couldn't pass it up.
After checking for rust at all the typical areas (Just surface everywhere I that I could find) And going over everything, Even starting Her up, I immediately brought up the price of $1299, Explaining "It's rougher than I was thinking, And Needs some work~Whats the lowest you could go?" She said $1199, You cant do any better? I asked, $1099 was thrown out by Her, I gave a meh face and she Asked "What are you thinking" I say the lowest I've ever seen you guys go is $899" She says "I dunno about that... But, Well come with me" And led us back to the office area where she told another higher up that We had an offer, He asked what? She says $899 He says, do it! I don't want to see it scrapped, Get it out of here.
I look to my Father and ask his opinion, He says lets do it, So I say SOLD!.
We Paid ($899+Tax and some random $25 fee, They then tried to get the paperwork ready for us but it wasn't even started/processed in there system yet and asked us to come back the next day, I asked and was assured it would not be sold or messed with, Asked what time was good, Melissa said around Noon (19th).

We set out to finish paperwork, And then figure out if we could drive her home or if we would need a tow, Brought tools, I stopped into Autozone and got fluids and we got some gas also as it had seemed to be running on fumes.
Brought some tools and a MultiMeter to find a good battery.
Found a mega tron II Interstate battery with 14.5volts that they just put out, Purchased ($30) And took out to Van then came back to find Melissa, Who said she would be right with us. I played around the Multimeter and found a brand new looking Everstart battery, Dated 4/12 and over 15v. I grabbed it intending to buy it, Melissa comes back at this time and sees it at my feet and "Says that goes with the car". We Thanked her and she went to figure out what was going on with the paperwork, Handed us the Keys and told us to wait for the lady in office 1.
We waited like half an hour while 2 other people ahead of us were buying cars, I think the Camaro was on of them. Finally came our turn and I'm signing stuff and then she mentions to get a Title do this and that, Which struck me, I figured it came with some sort of title... Apparently they shred them, standard procedure.
I had also stupidly mentioned the tabs on the plates were good through FEB/13 which seemed to freak her out, She like jumped out of her seat grabbed a screwdriver and led us out the yard and yanked those plates like her job depended on it... I took pics of them before and after she pulled them.
Anyway, at this point we were clear to get the Satellite out of there.
1st problem, Saturn that was behind it was now in front of it... And behind was a HUGE concrete block,
2nd problem was a Stant Locking Gas Cap... Went back to Mellisa now working the register and she said she would send a guy out who could "Probably just yank the sucker off with his bare hands" Dude got out there quick and had already shoved a Flathead driver in, Busted and yanked it off, Thanked him (Even though he probably got debris in the tank... And he walked off the cap which I didnt notice till later).
3rd issue was the back of the vehicle too close to the concrete slab, Went into there "Yard Sale" and found a couple funnels and was able to get the gas in. Installed the new battery, Topped off fluids and she fired right up first turn of the key!
However when you stepped on the gas or the brake she would die... Random guy comes over and says the trick is to let her warm up, And he had hauled her in from an old shed, Drove it right up and then off flatbed.
We let Her run for like 15-20mins before we could actually move her, But not far with a Saturn parked in front of us, We brought bungee cords and I strapped the drivers door shut with my Father in it, Then back to Mellisa who came out herself and moved the Saturn which drove quite well itself and My father pulled forward with me following behind, Tow truck guy was like "Whoa, You gonna fix it up?" I said sure am, He was like "Awesome, Need a tow" I said Nah we got it covered. Ran into Mellisa who was on a smoke break and just coming to check on us, And surprised we got driving and my father sitting waiting to head out, Turning heads in the lot:

Mellisa asks me "you got a daily permit?" I say no, We are going to drive it home... She is like oh no you cant do that, I'm now explaining "Were just up the block, And the Paperwork Lady said it was fine", She is like WHAT?? And I tell her paperwork Lady also said an employee drove around like that for like weeks and didn't have any issues. That freaked Mellisa out and she seemed kinda pissed to hear that, Heh.
She then said well I'm not going to stop, Just be careful.
I thanked Her very much for making this all happen and shook her hand, Jumped in the Van pulled up behind my Father in the Satellite and Honked:

And we were off!

Apparently She (The Sat) tried to die at the stoplight but was pretty decent otherwise says my Father on driving her home.

And then She met Her parking space, At her new home:
Name:  IMG_20121219_145838.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  91.7 KB

We then had an issue with the Latch on the drivers side actually latching, After acting like it wouldnt latch for anything or anyone (Junkyard was slamming the crap out of it before I stopped them).
No Door/Trunk key. Door does not like to open from the outside due to linkage issues which I'll be fixing, But she sat awhile with us fully locked out until the 31st when I got a chance to play with Her.
I picked up a thick welding rod, PlastiDipped end, And bent a hook shape, Then shimmed the door and glass, Slid the rod through and yanked on the inside drivers door handle where it popped right open.

She is having a rough time running right now.
There is a very loud clicking coming from the drivers mid or rear that I need to diagnose, Pretty erratic... Also very audible in the drivers seat.
And she has to warm up before she wont die on brake or gas pedal.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Mopar Fan

Continued~

She is having a rough time running right now.
There is a very loud clicking coming from the drivers mid or rear that I need to diagnose, Pretty erratic... Also very audible in the drivers seat.
And she has to warm up before she wont die on brake or gas pedal.

Otherwise EVERYTHING seems to be original and mostly untouched besides a lock cylinder + keys for the ignition (Looks aftermarket).
No mods or anything.
Back seats have no tearing at all, Headliner needs repair/stitching towards the back seam, And the front seats need redone.
Has factory dash clock which seems to be fairly rare, And Woodgrain stuff.

Right now she is in line for a State Patrol VIN Inspection.
Been through tons of stressful phone calls and posting around about how the title might come out. Looks like it's going to be a 50/50 shot of either a Salvage title simply because its from a wrecker or stay clean and clear.
NMVTIS as of today still shows an entirely clear history as of Jan 1st 2013, Last Titled in 1976 same state. Clear of 62+ Brand areas. I pray she comes out clean.

I'll be taking Her on a flatbed for the 44mile round trip for the inspection to the nearest station, Thanks do "Doug at Dougs Affordable towing" In Snohomish county.
But want to drive her through the inspection lane as to make her look a little better, Even though they claim to not be inspecting the condition, Just the VIN tags versus Vehicle History.

She needs a good wipe down also, Plus I have to remove all the junkyard part numbers they wrote with yellow paint pen...
The Ivy Green Metallic will certainly need to be redone some time in the future.
I'll probably stick with the Black Vinyl roof after finding them available in the Classic Industries Catalog for a lot cheaper than expected.

Here is a list of part I'll be looking out for:
Left and Right Front Grill/Headlight Bezels with Chrome Trim.
Rear Chrome Trim for the Trunk, And Lower Chrome Trim Piece.
Nice straight Chrome Front Bumpers.
E-Brake Release Handle.
Instrument Cluster Face panel.
"Sport" Emblem for Drivers Side.
Lower rocker Chrome Trim Piece for Drivers Side.
Drivers Side Green Armrest.
Green or Black Belts that Are not rusted.
Pass Fender or Cutout of the Front Headlight Area.
Washer Fluid Reservoir/Tank.
The Rear Quarter Panels/Outer Tail Surrounds (Don't know what these are called).

Otherwise she is all there! And who knows what Treasure I might find in the Trunk when I get a key made.

So that's my Long Story of How I ended up with a car I never thought I would own.
I literally saved her from the crusher, If I hadnt seen her the day I did and stayed on top of thngs, Her fate would not have been good at all.

A pretty nice Christmas present I think.

And this thread will now continue on as my "Build Thread", So stay tuned!
- Jeremey

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 01-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Mopar Fan

Cool

Here is my VIN and Tag Info.

LA318/A904

Decoded VIN:
Body Type: R = Plymouth Belvedere/Satellite

Price Class: P = Premium
Body Type: 23 = 2 Door Hardtop
Engine: G = 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Year: 0 = 1970
Sequence Number: 114793 = 14793rd Vehical Built

Decoded Drivers Side Fender Plate:
RP23:
Plymouth Belvedere,Satellite
Premium
2 Door Hardtop

G0G: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA

114793: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
FF4: Light Green Metallic Exterior Color
P6F8: Trim - Premium, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Green
EF8: Dark Green Metallic (Dodge), Ivy Green Metallic (Plymouth) Int. Door Frames
904: Build Date: September 04
046989: Order number

V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
A01: Light Package
B51: Power Brakes
C21: Center Front Seat Cushion
C55: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror

H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
N95: Emissions Control
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)

7X: Unknown
26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

Thanks to mr340 for creating a new forum just for our Builds and Projects!
And Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Very nice find in my book Hope you take us through the process with pic's of you getting her up and going
Old 01-02-2013, 04:06 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Very kool!!!! And you have the pride of knowing you saved her from the crusher!!!! Keep us posted on your progress.....
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Mopar Fan

Here is a video of Her idling:
http://s1131.beta.photobucket.com/us...c95d8.mp4.html
It's very dark, But you can hear the noises I've previously mentioned.
Also when She stumbles and dies during the vid, It's Me barely revving her.

Exhaust Mani leak maybe? Havent been back out to play around some more yet~VERY cold out.

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 01-02-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 103 Likes on 103 Posts
Smile

IT SOUND'S LIKE A EXHAUST MANIFOLD LEAK
but there's some thing else.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Mopar Fan

Good news!
I stopped into the DMV as it is the 15th day since purchase and I wouild start piling on fees if I didnt check in with them.
I tried only giving her the state Bill of Sale but she needed more info, So I had to bring out the PickNPull papers.
However, She then asked if I wanted to pay for tabs, plates AND TITLE right then, $127 later and I have 2 brand new License Plates, With Tabs and a Title coming in the mail!

I have no Idea why all the sources I was speaking with (DOL, DMV, PickNPull and State Patrol) Said I had no choice but to do the vin check... What the fudge?

Well meh to all of them! Title is coming, And lady assured me it wouldnt be branded/salvaged.

What I don't get, And maybe you guys can help me with this~
Why, On JAN 2ND, I get issued FEB month tabs for fresh plates... She tried to explain and it was loud and busy and I didnt get most of what she was saying at that point.
Car did have FEB tabbed plats before the wrecker took them~Something to do with that maybe?
She also kept my bill of sale and all the paperwork I gave her, Dunno if thats procedure or not~Good thing I scanned them all.

Well Besides not getting the JAN/1 Black Tab, I'm pretty happy with how things turned out so far. And unexpectedly easy.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like it's working out! Take lots of pictures of her progress.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Lol. I wouldn't be complaint on the tabs, you have a free month!!
Now what you need to do is get collector plates.
Glad to hear you're getting it all settled

How you're getting through state patrol inspection so fast is crazy. It takes months...

And COME TO SHAWN O DONELLS this Tuesday at 7!!!!!!

Lots of good people with info there.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Mopar Lover

Apparently the date is changed to this coming WEDNESDAY. Same time same place.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

Congratulations that's great!!!!
give's me hope maybe i will try to get a car ive been eyeballing from local junk yard if the yard will do it
Old 01-08-2013, 04:13 AM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by blue 68 gts
Lol. I wouldn't be complaint on the tabs, you have a free month!!
Now what you need to do is get collector plates.
Glad to hear you're getting it all settled

How you're getting through state patrol inspection so fast is crazy. It takes months...

And COME TO SHAWN O DONELLS this Tuesday at 7!!!!!!

Lots of good people with info there.
Originally Posted by blue 68 gts
Apparently the date is changed to this coming WEDNESDAY. Same time same place.
I have no idea Who or where Shawn O Donnells is
Is it a place or a guys house?
Not sure If I can make it as I apps that day, Will drag my Father along if I can.

I just did an NMVTIS $2.50 report again and its still clean of any Brands.
BUT,
Under a subcategory type thing like insurance info, Lien or title history (Now Says Issued 1/2/13 - Odometer Exempt), There is a "Junk & Salvage Information" Category and shows~
Reporting Occurence = 1
Reporting Entity Information = PNP and all their info
Date Obtained = 12/17/12
(Same day I spotted it in staging!)
Vehicle Intended for Export = NO
Vehicle Disposition = SOLD, This Vehicle Has Been Sold
This must have been the "Backlogged" info one of the DOL people was talking about.

It's not "Branded" Salvage or anything, But would this hurt the value or turn people off to it "IF" I were to ever sell it, Or went all out restoring it like a Brand would?
Again, I'm not looking to sell. But just curious before I put alot of time and effort into Her. And if I might encounter trouble with Insurance...

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 01-08-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 AM
Mopar Fan

ARGH!
VINCheckSM Theft Record 114793 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Theft Records.
VINCheckSM is updated regularly as additional information is reported.

VINCheckSM Total Loss Record

Further information is available through Carfax .
VIN: 114793 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Salvage Records.
Date of loss: 2012-12-17
Cause of loss: Unknown
You are advised to consult with a certified automotive technician before further considering this vehicle, to include verifying the airbag remains intact.
VINCheckSM is updated regularly as additional information is reported.
---
Here is a sample of what I'm looking at: https://www.add123.com/sample-salvage-report
Apparently it's nationwide requirement for wreckers to do this accordning to NMVTIS or they get in trouble.

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 01-08-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
Reason is it was sold to pick a Part.. A salvage yard. Take pictures before starting work for reference... Since you already registered the vehicle.. Just wait for the title to see if it is branded salvage. Then you can try to argue with the DMV
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Personaly I do not think the title will hurt the value of your car, when you go to a show the people look at your car not at the paper, once it has been inspeted and deemed good it does not need to be inspeted again, even if sold
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Mopar Lover

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&...wn+O%27Donells
Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Mopar Fan

PM Sent. Need more info!

As for the other stuff,
I'm tired of being told it will be fine followed up by it wont or all the conflicting info.
I also didnt apparently research it enough, Not that I had time~They wanted to part the thing.

In the end, I was absolutely assured the title would be fine, By the PNP/Wrecker, And they did nothing to affect it. This was ENTIRELY false and untrue. They were the cause of the title issue.

DMV worker assured me, In person while I was getting the tabs and plates, Title would be fine and it didnt matter where it came from, Title wouldnt be salvage or whatever. This, So far... Is also showing false.

Anyone else want to lie to my face? Do I need to act more intimidating, Or are these people (State Workers) just idiots?...

I'll take the blame for not fully researching the situation, And being a bit quick to get the deal done.

So tireing...

Pondering if I should bring the VIN report in and ask how it will turn out. Or just call which never tends to get me the proper info. Title wont show up for another 8-10weeks...

Like I said, It's not branded at all~It just shows a subcategory "Junk & Salvage" and this is in my research "A requirement since 1999 by the NMVTIS of wreckers to report" And says it was "SOLD - By so and so at a wrecking yard and wont be exported".

Plus, I already have the current License Plates and Tabs... A salvage vehicle in this state is not able to be registered or driveable on public streets.
I think it could still fall under "Rebuild or Rebuilt" But that seems kinda odd, It's also not "Branded" for either of those as of this moment.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
If it was easy everyone would do it !!
Hang in there , you will get through this !
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Mopar Fan

Big thanks to "blue 68 gts" for leading me to the local Mopars Unlimited Car Club meeting yesterday.
Had a good time, Was nice meeting you and some of the other members.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Mopar Fan

Oh and I stopped into the local DMV again to question the NMVTIS VIN report...

Different Lady this time, Acted like she had never seen a short VIN like that before (Pre 1981 VIN).
She said the same thing the other woman did~That if it hasnt been Branded already it Wont or Shouldnt be, And WONT come back Salvage/Rebuilt/Rebuild Title.
She also looked the VIN up briefly and didnt see anything else, Besides the notation of it being from a salvage yard. Couldnt give me a history report printout though. :-/

So, I'm expecting a CLEAR TITLE (besides the wrecking yard origin notation) Within 6-8weeks.
Not sure what I'll do, Or, Can do about it if it doesnt...
I've been assured more times than not it would be fine, Plus I have the Registration & Plates, Tabs already just purchased for it that will go on the vehicle shortly.

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 01-10-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Mopar Fan

Alrighty then!
I've officially took a Dive into the engine.

Weather took an unexpected turn, And was pretty nice out Today!

So after a JY trip and Grabbing up an Edlebrock intake, Mopar Coil (Came bolted to the Intake, Dunno if it's any good) and Carter AFB form a 1975 Cordoba 400~Likely to go on Trades/Barter later + A couple newer CD Players and such for around $100 at the Pick N Pull "Secret" 50% off weekend.

I decided to go under the hood when I got home.
Went like this for awhile (Click for Video):

Then She sprung back to life after many attempts to start (Click for Video):

I most definitely have an exhaust mani leak, And I'm surprised I didn't see it right away.
The last bolt on the drivers side was sticking out, Went to tighten and noted it wobbling around and not tightening... BROKEN BOLT!!!
You can feel the exhaust coming out from that area.

I'm very discouraged that I have to deal with a broken mani bolt! Last thing I want to do right now is rebuild the top end... Not to mention it's harder with the A/C equipment (Which I was hoping on keeping, It works).

I also noted, In daylight, That there was a very visible orange arcing from the back of the drivers valve cover and the throttle rod??? Odd...

I've got to find the source of that annoying whiney sound in the pulleys/belts.

Also note the smoke around the carb in the second vid, There was oil that seemed like it was coming from the carb while I was trying to start it?...

Sounded good otherwise... Haha.

Took the drivers valve cover off, Wasnt hard since most were about finger tight:
Name:  IMG_20130120_140454.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  137.6 KB

I also noted the "Baked" gasket had zap/arc marcs towards the back (No Pic, Except below \/ on the valve cover before cleaning).
No Debris, I'm not sure how much or if there should be any wiggle movement under here~But the second from the back wiggles the most, It doesn't seem like much, But could be a clicking factor besides the mani leak.

Removed the nasty liner (Click to Enlarge):

And baggied up all the Clips (Click to Enlarge):

Not perfect, But much better (Click to Enlarge):

Cleaned up the Valve Cover (Click to Enlarge):

Need sanded and repainted Chrysler Blue, Someone resprayed them once already as there are very runny globby apps.
I also need to soak them as they have a bunch of crud behind the plate.

And a whole engine bay pic:
Name:  IMG_20130120_164628.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  100.8 KB

And I leave you with a mildly amusing Wal-Mart Market pic I took tonight:
Name:  IMG_20130120_182431.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  113.7 KB
Old 01-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Mopar Fan

Here is the culprit:
Name:  IMG_20130121_171115.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  92.7 KB

Anyone have any ideas of hot to get the broken piece out without taking the heads off or removing the engine?

Seems like you might could be able to fit an angle drill in there...
But of course I dont want to screw anything up.

Really bummed about having to remove the heads, And following by putting the top end back together already which seems to be in good shape other than the damn bolt.
The A/C stuff (Which I want to keep) REALLY gets in the way on the pass side.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I am glad to see that you are a little more relaxed and are working on the car as for the AC you should beable to unbolt it from the motor[do not disconect lines] and flip it to the right out of your way to pull the top end offif that is your last resorce
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Mopar Fan

Whats you guys thoughts on just pulling the one head?

I've got it set in my mind that if your gonna pull one head, Your going to pull both~And replace all the gaskets at the same time.

I have been ill, And the rain just started up again so havent been back out to look over the situation.

Wondering If I dare attempt to use an angle drill and easy outs since there is some room there...

Last edited by Aesthetikz; 01-23-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Mopar Lover

Is that a broken exhaust stud from being too rusty? Hard to tell in pic.

Youll be fine to pull one head. Id suggest replacing all the head bolts with grade 8 bolts. If it makes you feel any better go for pulling both and replacing both head gaskets.

And get a new valley pan, youll destroy it when you pull the intake off.

It was good to meet you as well.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Mopar Fan

Rusty bolt for sure, Most rust I've found so far.
You could always do it all for me.

Oddly enough, It looks like I have a (Leaking/Gunked up) 8-1/4" rear.
Need to crawl under and look for a Tag? or do these just have stampings... I Also was not aware of the valley pan... My Ford/Fox body side is showing.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Are the airbags intact? lol
Nice find!!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Mopar Fan

Title arrived today...
It's GREEN!

No Salvage, Rebuild or any of that Nonsense.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

that's good news on the title