1972 Dodge 1/2 Ton Pick Up Questions

Old 01-09-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1972 Dodge 1/2 Ton Pick Up Questions

Hello, new to this forum. Just bought a very nice 72 Dodge Pickup to restore. I have some questions regarding the correct restoration of this truck and was hoping that some one could point me in the right direction.

1) The DODGE hood letters were missing from my truck. I found them in the glove box when I got it home. There was no holes in the hood for them, they appeared to be glued on. Is this correct, because every set I have found have pins. I believe I have the original hood because although it is missing, I can see where the build sticker was stuck on the underside, so I don't believe its an aftermarket Hood.

2) There were no under the hood stickers anywhere such as on the air cleaner or inner fenders. Are the stickers that I see in restoration catalogs for cars of the same year the same stickers that I would need for this truck.

3) It is an Adventurer SE model, so I believe it has a model specific steering wheel (according to what I read anyway). It currently has an aftermarket steering wheel. Does anyone have a picture of the correct steering wheel so when I find one I know it is correct.

4) The lower door pockets are missing from the interior of the doors. Does anyone know where I might find some. I found a set on ebay, but the seller claims they are reproductions and I am afraid that they are "generic" and not the correct ones.

I am sure I have more questions but these will do for now

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 01-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 868 Likes on 847 Posts
Look to see if someone filled the holes by looking on the underside... You will see the filler or the weld marks.... Should be pinned letters as far as I know.

Not alot of resource for the old trucks in the Dodge.... But check with>>>
Dodge Connection.... LMC..... Jims auto parts.... Mopar truck parts....ABS....
Brads NOS parts....

Not to sure on the rest of the info you need? Sorry...
Old 04-07-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have original letters

Originally Posted by dhaack73
Hello, new to this forum. Just bought a very nice 72 Dodge Pickup to restore. I have some questions regarding the correct restoration of this truck and was hoping that some one could point me in the right direction.

1) The DODGE hood letters were missing from my truck. I found them in the glove box when I got it home. There was no holes in the hood for them, they appeared to be glued on. Is this correct, because every set I have found have pins. I believe I have the original hood because although it is missing, I can see where the build sticker was stuck on the underside, so I don't believe its an aftermarket Hood.

2) There were no under the hood stickers anywhere such as on the air cleaner or inner fenders. Are the stickers that I see in restoration catalogs for cars of the same year the same stickers that I would need for this truck.

3) It is an Adventurer SE model, so I believe it has a model specific steering wheel (according to what I read anyway). It currently has an aftermarket steering wheel. Does anyone have a picture of the correct steering wheel so when I find one I know it is correct.

4) The lower door pockets are missing from the interior of the doors. Does anyone know where I might find some. I found a set on ebay, but the seller claims they are reproductions and I am afraid that they are "generic" and not the correct ones.

I am sure I have more questions but these will do for now

Thanks in advance for any help
I have a dodge adventurer sport 72 to.you have the original letters. to glue it .just buy moulding tape at auto parts.