70 Roadrunner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
70 Roadrunner

Well, the rad started leaking and it was just too big of a leak for any kind of treatment to seal it up, and the local rad shop closed down a few years back...so...ordered a new aluminum rad. Got a good price on it and installed it with my buddy on Wed. night. Had to install hoses on the tranny cooling lines as the new rad had the connections on the left of the rad, facing the engine. No big deal, got them on, tidied everything up and flashed her up. Ran great, no leaks. Then we put her in reverse and forward just to get some pressure going on the lines. Lol...major leak at that point. Tranny fluid all over my garage floor. Got underneath the car and found it leaking near front of the block. Couldn't quite determine why the line was leaking. Next day, my buddy had it hauled over to the garage he works at, he's a mechanic and my drinking buddy. Checked in today after work and he showed me the problem. Previous owner, perhaps even further back, had developed a leak in one of the cooling lines and decided welding it was the way to go. By our pushing hose onto the line, it had broken the weld. Lol...why don't people fix things properly? Especially on these beautiful old Mopars. All is good now, just got it home from the shop. As I only bought this in late summer last year, am waiting for next hidden fix...lol. Frustrating, but ya gotta love it.

Marty