Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   B-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Can I trust Innovative Auto Design? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/can-i-trust-innovative-auto-design-1671/)

Avantgarde47 10-21-2008 04:29 AM

Can I trust Innovative Auto Design?

Innovative Auto Design- Can I trust them?
Hello

I have ordered a 68 426Hemi charger from Innovative Auto Design in indiana. www.innovativeautodesign.com I,m moving from Norway to Florida in january and wil have the car shipped dere.
It now turns out that thay want full payment before start building. A wire transfer from norway. Can I trust this? Will I get my car? It is a lot of hard-earned money involved here...

is it annyone here that has had any thing to do with this company?
i have been told that anyone that asks for a wire transfer is up to no good.

Thanks for any respond

mvh
Åsmund

Commando 10-21-2008 07:06 AM

I have not dealt with them before, but I did just look over their website. They have a few minor concerns that I would address before using them, there are a few typos on the site (not a big deal, but something I would assume would be fixed if anyone looked over it), next the page with the pictures say they are from Midwest Auto Restoration (not them), how old is the interior guy with 40 years experience (age is not a bad thing but I find that once someone has a health issue they leave the industry, and he's their only interior guy), and finally when they talk about the mechanics they say they have several years experience (2 or 3?) no specific number like the other positions. Which leads me to add a friend of mine who has been a mechanic for 25 years is not too familiar with some of these muscle cars or similiar era cars, but he knows what he is doing, and ASE is a piece of paper to hang on the wall.

Just my opinion of there business from their site, oh and the picture of their shop looks like it is some small 2 bay jobber, but that does not necessarily reflect badly on them.

Commando 10-21-2008 07:12 AM

I found someone online who said they used their service and was pleased with it. I just sent them an e-mail asking them about the payment upfront.

Avantgarde47 10-21-2008 07:45 AM

Thanks

Originally Posted by Commando (Post 6891)
I found someone online who said they used their service and was pleased with it. I just sent them an e-mail asking them about the payment upfront.

hello

Thank your for the respond. I came over somone that wrote that they had ordered a general lee from them, and was pleased, but it seems like its a fabricated note... The picture is from the old tuner dynamics website. Maybe thay wrote it them self?

Thanks again!!

Commando 10-21-2008 09:56 AM

I think that was the guy I e-mailed about the pricing, we'll see what they say.

josey728 10-26-2008 12:07 PM

eh dont know if this post will even get through. new to this forum stuff.
They built my 318 up for my 68' did a good job on the engine. It took a week longer than quoted because of shipping costs. So far I have only put about 1200 miles on the engine but it runs and looks great. When i was there that had a 69 charger that was being turned into a general lee replica that looked pretty solid.
They are also writing up a quote for me to restore some stuff on my brothers 69' so he plans on taking it over to them.

Commando 10-26-2008 06:19 PM

Still no response to the e-mail I sent, but it does sound like they would be the place to go to get a General Lee replica.