Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   B-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Carb Replacement Questions-manual to elec choke (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/carb-replacement-questions-manual-elec-choke-3799/)

SixFoPolara 08-03-2009 05:19 PM

Carb Replacement Questions-manual to elec choke

Hello, I am replacing my manual carb with a holley 600 electric choke and I have a couple questions regarding this.

1. if putting on a 440, do you think i will need a throttle cable/linkage bracket? or can I use the linkage that is already there, the old carb is a holley but I am not sure what size, I know that it is on the large side.

2. what should I connect the hot wire to?
I am not very knowledgeable about wiring.

3. I found this note in the glove compartment from the mechanic who worked on this before I aquired the car and I do not understand what it means.....
"STILL NEEDS WORK, CARB LINKAGE WRONG. MAY CAUSE FAILURE IN TRANS IF NOT FIXED"

can anyone shed light on this for me? :eek:

SixFoPolara 08-03-2009 05:33 PM

Also, I am assuming that the old carb is the reason, that I am stalling when pulling out of stop signs and when I accellerate up my hill?

theomahamoparguy 08-03-2009 06:27 PM

you may need to look for some holley parts on the net [eg:summit.com] for a Mopar linkage adaptor for a holley carb. If your carb was not originally installed on a mopar from the factory, the linkage probably wont work. The linkage adaptor will adapt the Universal type of holley carb to the mopar factory linkage. The best bet for a "kickdown linkage" would be the Lokar mopar kickdown kit. {it is a cable instead of a solid rod}. The trans. kickdown linkage is important because if you dont have this set up correctly, you might hurt the trans over time. As far as the stalling, its hard to say. May need more clues to figure it out.

theomahamoparguy 08-03-2009 06:29 PM

you could splice into any "key on" power source. {eg: wiper motor hot lead} for the wiring.

67 GTX 08-04-2009 02:09 PM

i'd go for bigger than 600