Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   B-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   I need '64 Fury Quarter Panels! (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/i-need-64-fury-quarter-panels-1218/)

carnalsupply 07-03-2008 11:10 AM

I need '64 Fury Quarter Panels!

Little did I know how difficult it would be to locate a set of quarter panels for a '64 Fury 2-door hardtop, so if anyone has a lead on a pair (little or no rust) please let me know.

Thanks

Doc 07-03-2008 03:29 PM

I would contact a few people on eBay that are selling 63-64 stuff if they have some of these available.

64fury 07-03-2008 04:01 PM

Try

http://www.texasacres.com

Welcome to the art of finding parts for pre 66" Mopars!

carnalsupply 07-03-2008 04:08 PM

Thanks for the input: I've been trying eBay vendors as well as TexasAcres (who I HIGHLY recommend).

Doc 07-03-2008 06:47 PM

T A ? ... hold ONTO your shorts ! :eek: ...maybe they have changed ..??

64fury 07-03-2008 08:34 PM

Try the local Mopar junk yard, there appears to be a dozen or so such yards spread out across north america which deal in only Mopar. Do a search for Mopar junkyard in google! :)

carnalsupply 07-04-2008 09:59 AM

T/A has been a terrific source for me, so yes, I'd recommend them to anyone who asked, but let me guess: Doc thinks they're Vultures? LOL

Doc 07-04-2008 11:15 AM

Look at their prices! ...what else would you call that ?

carnalsupply 07-04-2008 02:23 PM

I call it "supply and demand".
They've got something you need and you can't find it elsewhere that makes it a pretty difficult piece to acquire, which pretty much leaves the door open to charge whatever the market will bear.
As a business owner myself I've got to live by that principle or my doors won't be open too long.

More to my point is the service they've provided me in the past: their responses to my inquiries are quick, detailed and accurate, and when I do purchase something from them they act on my order and ship very quickly. The one time they made a mistake they rectified it within a day.

Yeah, I'm very happy with T/A and would recommend them to anyone in need of parts.

Doc 07-04-2008 06:15 PM

Hmmmmmm ....me thimks there is something PHUNNY going on here !

You post a topic wanting 1/4's .... then you say "T/A has been a terrific source for me" .... Huh ? ....wassssupy ??.. !!

WHY are you ASKING here ....if you already KNOW ! ... Are YOU and T A associated ? .... say it ain't so .. !! ...naughty boy !

And in business ... there is supply and demand ...and then there is gouging.

64fury 07-04-2008 06:30 PM

Doc I think what was meant to be said was that TA is a great source for parts, but 64' fury fenders (1/4's) are not one of the items they have right now, so he's still looking!

Doc 07-04-2008 09:33 PM

64 ... you have a point ! .. I stand corrected on that one. B U T ....if anyone would know where 1/4's are for a car like that ... they should.

And their service ?... at that price on the parts ?? .... better be OUTstanding !!!

carnalsupply 07-05-2008 09:01 AM

Hey '64, THANKS for the defense (and assistance) but definitely not necessary.

Doc,

After noticing the change in your avatar (reminds me of a turd, how fitting!), reading your ramblings throughout the forum, it's becoming painfully obvious you know little, add nothing to any of the posts you reply to, yet jibber jabber on about most anything. YAWN!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with T/A other than being a satisfied customer, and as I said: if they're the only ones who have what you need you better be willing to pay the price.

Yes, their service has been OUTstanding, which counts a great deal with me.

T/A has no quarter panels available for my '64, and if they had I would have purchased them.

Supply & demand: you want it, they have it, nobody else does, you pay their price (even if it is high, what'cha gonna do?).

I'm sure, your years of business experience as a Good Humor Ice Cream truck driver have allowed you the opportunity to make a profit every once in a while, though most of the time I'm sure you're selling your Fudgecicles at cost (or below) simply because you enjoy being around kids so much. I can hear the faint sound of circus music in the background while I write this: maybe it's one of your cronies making his rounds giving away his profits too!

Considering the scarcity of quarter panels for my Fury, hell, I'd even buy a set from you if you had them, which means you'd probably give them to me AND pay the freight because that's what all good business people do, right?

Enjoy your weekend trying to conger up some interesting (and capitalized) response, I can't wait.

Doc 07-05-2008 03:34 PM

Rambling and babbling and B S ? ... you Sir ...with your 8 posts have shown YOU to be the Champ ... Chimp and CHUMP.

My posts here? ...are hopefully helping people. To call my posts jibber-jabber shows me how much you truly know about Mopars ... not a whole lot. What do you know about a torqueflite? What do YOU have to contribute here ? ...past an attempted smear.

My no BS avatar was posted for and directed AT you. You saying my business experience was running an ice-cream-truck ? You don't know me .... this is just some more of your babbling and rants.

Are you as big of a HACK with your business "carnalsupply" as you are with your words ? And BTW ....I know a married couple who does quite well selling ice-cream. They have 4 trucks and do enough business during the summer to "retire" during the other seasons. Most of their product has a 3-500% markup .....and you try an "trash" that business ? .... posting stuff like this shows how little actual business experience you have.

You want to deal with a company that is FAMOUS for gouging people ...fine. But most people do not.

carnalsupply 07-05-2008 09:59 PM

And, as predicted, you took lots of time figuring out exactly which words to capitalize. You must be a whiz at text messaging!

"Hack"? I believe I've constructed some pretty decent prose in this thread, though I'm sure my use of "big words" has you a bit ruffled.

I'm not sure how my being new to this forum qualifies me as anything other than a "newbie", but I'm sure as I gain experience here I'll learn to update my avatar as my mood changes. Do you use a mood ring to tell you when to update the avatar?

My "smear", as you call it, was initiated when I read your second and third responses, which (IMHO) could have been handled in a much more positive manner than they were, such as: "I've used T/A in the past and found them to be on the high side". All of us have had poor experiences with vendors but I don't find it helpful bagging on them in forums.

What do I know about Mopars and Torqueflites? Well, none of the 3 Mopars I've owned (2 '64 Fury's and a '68 RR) had automatics so I've had little or no exposure to them, but I'm not sure where that has any relevancy to my needing quarter panels, or my automotive experience/knowledge in general. When it comes to hot rodding I'd like to think I'm somewhat ahead of your average guy, having built numerous cars and motorcycles over the years (no, I don't pay shops to build my cars) as well as being part owner of a chassis manufacturing (non-wing sprint cars) company. While I know they're not Mopars (the Fury's under construction) I believe the pictures below give a pretty good idea of my abilities. Yes, I built them both in my own garage.

I too have a friend in the ice cream business, and yes, it can be lucrative, but my jab wasn't at the ice cream business, rather at you and your silliness.

To put this all to rest how about we simply agree to disagree about T/A, and when either of us post in the future we simply ignore the posts, because obviously we've got nothing positive to offer one another.

Here's a look at what I'm capable of, I hope you enjoy:

1970 LT-1 Corvette

600+HP Hilborn injected SBC in the Corvette

1995 Ducati 900SS/916 Hybrid

Doc 07-05-2008 11:35 PM

To put this all to rest how about we simply agree to disagree about T/A, and when either of us post in the future we simply ignore the posts, because obviously we've got nothing positive to offer one another.

Your jabs and insults continue .. but I will be the bigger person by not responding in kind.

Your suggestion above is the best way to handle all this. I will not respond to a topic you start .... I would appreciate the same consideration from you

64fury 07-13-2008 08:01 PM

a Pass side just came up on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1964-Plymouth-Bel...QQcmdZViewItem

unclemike 07-14-2008 04:14 PM

1964 Q-panels

Did you try Kramer Automotive? http://www.kramerauto.com/

carnalsupply 08-24-2008 07:46 PM

Thanks for all the help!
I got new pieces from Kramer's and they fit beautifully.