Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   B-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   lou roe/1966 Coronet 500 window regulator (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/lou-roe-1966-coronet-500-window-regulator-21796/)

louroe 10-13-2018 02:59 PM

lou roe/1966 Coronet 500 window regulator

Hey Everyone, I am new to this site and not very good around a computer. So please bear with me if u think im clueless because I am.
Anywho, I have a 66 Coronet 500 and when I roll down the windows the regulator gets stuck, the glass will go down if I put a little pressure on the top of the glass with one hand and crank with the other. Ive taken the panel off and lubricated all the parts the best I can. I prefer not to take the anything else apart because regulators can be real sensitive.
Anyone have and ideas or suggestion?

Iowan 10-13-2018 05:49 PM

It's possible that the glass is going down to far and you can set the stops for that. But more than likely the regulators are showing where at the crank pinon bushing but it might help it you oiled that( the stud that the window crank attaches to) oiĺ this from the side you would put the window crank on.

TVLynn 10-13-2018 05:53 PM

I repaired some on a 67 Coronet once. I used some window cranks from a later model Volare . Drilled out the rivets and used the internal parts to repair the 67's window crank

RacerHog 10-14-2018 09:01 AM

Check the felt lining. When it gets old it will crack and come loose, sometimes jamming the glass. If the felt looks ok. Lube the felt channel and see if that helps.
Keep us posted... :)

louroe 10-14-2018 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by RacerHog (Post 146325)
Check the felt lining. When it gets old it will crack and come loose, sometimes jamming the glass. If the felt looks ok. Lube the felt channel and see if that helps.
Keep us posted... :)

I purchased some lubricating oil and hit all the areas everyone has suggested. It has greatly improved.
thanks everyone!

RacerHog 10-14-2018 03:07 PM

Just dry from sitting.. :)