Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   B-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Need Help With Wrecked '68 Satellite (https://moparforums.com/forums/f10/need-help-wrecked-68-satellite-2669/)

Matt 04-01-2009 01:22 AM

Need Help With Wrecked '68 Satellite

Hello, My name is Matt. I need help with fixing my brothers old car that he wrecked into a ditch years ago. The major problem that I am having is with the drivers side suspension damage. The front wheel bent from the bottom of the wheel inwards towards the engine. I have replaced the upper control arm, and the steering knuckle hoping that would solve the problem, but unfortunately it did not. I believe that now I need a new front LCA. My question is, what front LCA's from other years/models will be compatible with my satellite? Also if anything else, what should I expect to replace?

Windcalmer 04-01-2009 03:31 AM

First off, what kind of problem are you having?

Second, are you sure that the body is still square?

78D200 04-01-2009 03:32 AM

I would replace it all with no questions. It take very little force to damage something in these cars like suspension parts.

I would think that any lower control arm from another B-body car of the same year would fit. You should be able to pick them up for cheap on e-bay.

If you are rebuilding just that one side, you might want to rebuild the otherside to make it all the same. Nothing like having a new left side suspension and an old right side.

Matt 04-01-2009 03:57 AM

Windcalmer- No, I am not sure if the body is square. Since it isn't drivable I haven't been able to take it in to get checked out. But the problem is that the wheel still looks like its cambered in after replacing some parts. I'm not sure if I've got more bent parts, or if the chassis is bent.

78D200- I thought these cars were built like tanks and could withstand quite a bit of damage, but I guess I was wrong. I'm wondering if there are other models besides the satellite that I can get equivalent parts from, I just don't know what ones or which years. I see what you mean about rebuilding the other side, but I'm replacing with used parts anyways. It's not like I'm putting performance suspension on one side and leaving the other stock. The parts that I have gotten so far have come in pairs, so I probably will replace the other side. But first things first, I need to make sure I can repair one side before I can move to the other.

The bottom line is that I'm having a hard time finding parts for this, and it would be easier if I knew what other cars I could scrap from. Thank you for the replies so far. I will get some pics up to give you guys an idea of what I'm dealing with.

theomahamoparguy 04-01-2009 06:24 AM

for sure any 66-70 dodge or plym. lca will work. only possible diff might be a sway bar mount. also 70-74 challenger.

Polaradude 04-01-2009 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by theomahamoparguy (Post 16503)
for sure any 66-70 dodge or plym. lca will work. only possible diff might be a sway bar mount. also 70-74 challenger.

Exactly. I would be concerned though that it may be out of square.

richinny 04-01-2009 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by theomahamoparguy (Post 16503)

any arm will NOT work. it will need to be from the same body configuration. the bigger the car, the longer the arm. salvage yards will be able to cross reference this for you.

67 GTX 04-02-2009 05:21 PM

don't mess with safety
replace everything after a hard hit like that

69Fury3 04-03-2009 01:45 PM

When i totaled my A bod i replaced all of the suspension and steering components on the passenger side only to later find out that the chassis was trashed (had to change the right front tire after 2 months). Definately get that straightened out.