Longroof in Chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longroof in Chicagoland

Greetings from the Windy City...

I picked up a '69 Monaco Wagon last year, and I have started to do some work... It came with the G-code 383, but when I got it, there was an Edlebrock Performer manifold(not RPM), a Carter 4bbl, Dual Exhaust, and electronic ignition. It also had the dual snorkel air cleaner, and some chrome valve covers.

I have upgraded the carb, the electronic ignition box, and the coil. I replaced the fuel pump and the front part of the fuel line, and I put on some Mopar Performance valve covers, because they look alot better than the goofy chrome ones it had.

I'm not planning a restoration to original here. I had a '69 Polara wagon for my first car, and I had a bunch of plans to make it a cool and unique sleeper. Since this one is already not original, I don't feel bad continueing with my original plans, albeit 23 years later.

The body is fairly solid, and the interior is great. I have concerns about the frame, but I'll see what I can do there.

I'll try to throw a few pics on here...
Attached Thumbnails Longroof in Chicagoland-69monaco1.jpg   Longroof in Chicagoland-69monaco2.jpg   Longroof in Chicagoland-engine-1.jpg   Longroof in Chicagoland-engine-2.jpg  
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
I am a wagon fan and that looks like a fun car! Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome to the forum
Old 07-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome.
That is a nice looking wagon. I've always liked em too. We used to call em the poor mans van in the 70's when vans were popular. I like what you did under hood those M/P covers are a nice touch. It looks really solid, what might be you concernes with the frame.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
hey welcome!
My parents had a 70 custom suburban 383 with the double bulge hood.
Later in the 80's when I was a teenager I stuck a straight axle under the front and reversed the rear axle to sit under the leafs.
The thing drove like **** after that. But it looked so cool.
south bend IN