Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   C-Body (https://moparforums.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Timing issue or cam timing issue? (https://moparforums.com/forums/f11/timing-issue-cam-timing-issue-17689/)

19newport72 09-01-2014 11:53 AM

I will have to post a little walk around video or pictures of the car so you can all see my never ending project now. ill try to get a nice acceleration video also. It had no problem burrying the 120 on the dash but that speedo isnt synchronized to the transmission either so i dont know how fast i was really going. Its finally complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone and i know someone recomened to chain the engine down on here and i should have done that a whole ago now i have a dent in my header but i will be installing a chain soon aswell!!!!! Thanks again! I'll probably post a video on a separate forum or pictures of the car just to share.

Coronet 500 09-01-2014 12:06 PM

You Sir have just earned a Non Refundable, Non Transferable ATTA BOY!

440roadrunner 09-01-2014 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 19newport72 (Post 122676)
ok heres what was wrong. the timing gear on the crank was set to zero which was correct. BUT! he did not line the dots up correctly. instead of using the dot on the crank pulley he used the zero mark for the crank timing so the cam pulley was roughly lined up with R4. that was about 5 teeth behind the actual timing mark that should have been used on the crank gear. the car runs amazing now

Well gee LOL what'd (I tried) to tell you

VERY glad you found this finally

demetri 09-01-2014 06:41 PM

Glad your engine does not stall any more. But it is hard to believe that an error in the cam timing can really cause the engine to stall completely.

If your original gear was 2.76, and the speedo was accurate at that time, and if you have the same tire size, your 120 indicated should be around 90.

justin wilson 03-27-2024 01:40 PM

timing

i have a 1974 dodge dart with new freshly rebuilt motor i cant find any timing info

Iowan 03-27-2024 06:44 PM

Your welcome to start your own thread, please ask your questions and post information about motor transmission etc so we can help.