Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Classic Trucks (pre-1972) (https://moparforums.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   1971 M 300 (MH Chassis) TQ Adjustments (https://moparforums.com/forums/f15/1971-m-300-mh-chassis-tq-adjustments-15430/)

spudler_t 07-29-2013 02:14 PM

1971 M 300 (MH Chassis) TQ Adjustments

Hello again, Been awhile since ive been on.
I have been restoring a Winnebago D-20 Motorhome, it has the Dodge M-300 Chassis, 318-3 Engine, Loadflite 727 Auto, Spicer 70 Rear end ( I think Not positive yet)
I have removed the Carter BBD 2 Barrel and replaced it with a Stock 4 Barrel manifold and a TQ 850 CFM ( The carb # on it is 9077S), Electronic Dist.
I am stuck on exact carb setting in regards to the Step Up (Metering Rods) Screw adjustment.
Back around 1992-1996 I had documentation explaining the proper Screw adjustment procedures for setting the Step up (metering rods) In regards to running engine at a reasonable Speed with no load say 3-4K.
I have not been able to find the documentation and unfortunately I did not have a computer at that time so have no digital copy of the documentation.
When I rebuilt the carb I had removed the screw while doing a thorough cleaning of everything in the carb.
I have been going off of memory (which unfortunately is not as trustworthy as it was) I found that at about 3-4K RPM range (no Load) the engine seems to run the smoothest with to stutters-misses at about 4 Turns in (richer) from a Flush Screw head with top of Step up Piston.
I am curious if that sounds correct to anyone or better yet if someone has the ability to point me in the correct direction to regain the documentation on the adjustment.
Thanks

TVLynn 07-29-2013 02:52 PM

You really need an air/fuel meter to adjust it... Run it and take some plug readings

Spitfire 12-21-2014 05:40 PM

have you got the 6 lug/8 inch spread rims? if so, know where i can find one? I'm one short for my P-300, and i cant find another.