Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Classic Trucks (pre-1972) (https://moparforums.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   A whole bunch of BS (https://moparforums.com/forums/f15/whole-bunch-bs-21568/)

Bigf00t 07-26-2018 05:47 AM

A whole bunch of BS

So, I bought this bigass truck and its got a world of problems so here's a list:

Transmission leaks onto headers

I cant get any ignition parts for my engine-casting numbers 2536430

I have dual tanks but am looking to turn the one on the frame into a toolbox.

whenever i turn on the running lights, they turn on for a minute then the clearance lights up top turn off one by one then the fuse blows.

I plan on shortening the frame, putting a small flat bed and 5th wheel hitch and then getting a gooseneck car hauler and tow dolly.

Coronet 500 07-26-2018 10:17 AM

Thanks for joining to tell me all your problems.

Now let me tell you mine, oh wait you wouldn’t understand YOUR F’in 18.

Bigf00t 07-26-2018 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Coronet 500 (Post 145240)
Thanks for joining to tell me all your problems.

Now let me tell you mine, oh wait you wouldn’t understand YOUR F’in 18.

Dont discredit me just because of my age, while im no master mechanic I am still smarter than the average bear, I have 3 certs and i ranked 6 in the nation at an automotive conference and can rebuild an engine labeling every component and have it purring like a kitten. I am also very apt in electrical, do you know ohms law? I sure as hell do, I can figure all this shit out but wanted to know if somebody that was actually helpful could help out a bit and save me a major headache as im used to new cars and not this ancient beast.

Iowan 07-26-2018 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bigf00t (Post 145241)
Dont discredit me just because of my age, while im no master mechanic I am still smarter than the average bear, I have 3 certs and i ranked 6 in the nation at an automotive conference and can rebuild an engine labeling every component and have it purring like a kitten. I am also very apt in electrical, do you know ohms law? I sure as hell do, I can figure all this shit out but wanted to know if somebody that was actually helpful could help out a bit and save me a major headache as im used to new cars and not this ancient beast.

yep, your 18

Archer 07-26-2018 03:06 PM

BF -

I usually don't get in on the bashing bandwagon, ya kinda deserve it. Glad you have a lot of automotive smarts, but what exactly was the point of this thread?

Did you want help?
Blow off steam?
Just join the party?

That's where the being 18 part comes in.
Ya know what they say about first impressions.

1. Leaks are leaks. Some are just harder to get to than others.
2. No idea what motor you have. Give us the ci and year and we can probably suggest ignition parts.
3. Think you know what a blown fuse means. Only problem is finding out where it's happening. Never fun.
4. If you just want to get it going, prioritize what you need to pass inspection and keep it safe.If you're doing a resto, nothing matters, since you're going down to bare bones.

Archer

Coronet 500 07-26-2018 03:15 PM

Just because you have three breath mints doesn't mean....oh wait you know it all.

Look in the New Members and see the majority start with at least a hello.

If you were my son, and I have three, I'd kick your ass for disrespecting someones forum like you have.