Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://moparforums.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   My step dad and I remembered a day (https://moparforums.com/forums/f38/my-step-dad-i-remembered-day-21349/)

Mopar Lady 05-09-2018 04:29 AM

My step dad and I remembered a day

My step dad and I remembered a day on this month,the day my mom introduced me to him.Mom started dating him at the time and saw he would be a great step dad in my life.I never grew up with my biological dad,he left my mom when she was pregnant with me.Said if it was a girl,he was going to leave.It hurts to this day hearing this.I was 10 years old and the time and he amazed me.Said he will always love and be there for me although he is not my bio dad.Has kept this up to this day.Getting to know him has been great and he was like me,his dad was not in his life too.Said it was hard.We have a great bond,he introduced me to the Mopar community and saw I loved cars.Plus he has helped me out a lot and one was when I was 18,decided on enlisting in the military and he gave me great advice.He is an USMC veteran and I chose the Marines.Said boot camp was rough and told me take my time thinking about it.Decided on it and he went with me to the recruiting office to sign the papers.I served 8 years and he served 10 years.It has been a great relationship ever since.This father's day,I am going to write him a letter he will never forget how he has been a great step father to me.

Coronet 500 05-09-2018 04:48 AM

I’m sure he wouldn’t say those things if you were not a great daughter.

ZEN357 05-09-2018 05:05 AM

I am a step dad. Never wanted kids of my own, but when I met my wife and asked her to marry me I knew it was a role I had to fulfill. My step son and I are close to this day. His real dad is in his life, but he doesn't care much to see him because of his wicked stepmother. When he was in middle school he would tell all his friend I was his Dad.

Mopar Lady 05-09-2018 05:51 AM

Taught me to give back,a mom of 3 sons I adopted 5 years ago and step dad was proud of me for this.They are brothers,lived in foster homes all their seeing they needed to be in a loving home.Sees I am one great mom to them now 12,14 and 16 years old.He says I am one great step daughter,mom raised me right although it was tough at first with her raising me on her own.Mom worked two jobs to make ends meet to put food on the table,pay the bills and rent including clothes for me before she met him.He has helped her out too.

RacerHog 05-09-2018 11:13 AM

OO-RAH.... Thank You for your service.. Sounds like Y'all have made the best way of passage threw life as y'all can.... Blessings and Prayers for Gods Glory too shine on Y'all.... !!!! Great story, Thanks for sharing... :)

Mopar Lady 05-09-2018 11:51 AM

I am proud of my service and my step dad is proud of his also.Step dad enlisted in the Marines because he had a choice,make something out of himself or end up in jail.He was hanging around in the wrong crowd and I was too.Both came out great after serving in the Marines.Mom and I made it through and he helped us out.

Iowan 05-09-2018 03:43 PM

So Mopar Lady,
please tell us about your Mopar. Pictures work.

Mopar Lady 05-09-2018 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 144086)
So Mopar Lady,
please tell us about your Mopar. Pictures work.

Latest is a 1964 Dodge Dart,getting a modern drive train which is a 5.7 hemi with the transmission out of a wrecked 2008 Chrysler 300C.At a friend's body shop now getting quarter panels replaced,I don't do auto body work.

Iowan 05-09-2018 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar Lady (Post 144088)
Latest is a 1964 Dodge Dart,getting a modern drive train which is a 5.7 hemi with the transmission out of a wrecked 2008 Chrysler 300C.At a friend's body shop now getting quarter panels replaced,I don't do auto body work.

Sounds nice.....

MaxwesllCarlow 02-04-2022 09:34 AM

too?

Fatty Satty 06-12-2022 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mopar Lady (Post 144088)

Same here. I despise bodywork. I have all the tools, I just can't stand doing it. People may think that I'm into the "patina' look but I just don't want to bother with that mess.

Your Dart sounds cool. My buddy had a 64 Dart. It had a huge trunk. We could put a lot of beer in there.