Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   New Members (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   GET THE NEWBIE!!!!! D: (https://moparforums.com/forums/f4/get-newbie-d-1055/)

CeeKay 05-15-2008 03:57 PM

GET THE NEWBIE!!!!! D:

Hey, I'm the new guy...

I've got a 1970 Roadrunner that was my late father's project... He passed away 10 years ago, and the car hasn't been touched since...

The car has been stored quite well in his absence, and I figure it's high time I bust it out and start polishing the rust off (with a sawzall and welder...)

The body is damn near pristine, with very minor rust in very few places...

This is really all she needs:

Engine and drivetrain going-through
Floorboard patching
Interior from top to bottom with the exception of the door panels (whatever little bit of panel there is to them), and the dash. It all needs replacing...

The engine ran and the car moved over 10 years ago, but since it's been sitting in a corner of a machine shed for over a decade, I'm almost guaranteeing all the seals and gaskets to be shot. Also, a report from my grandpa about 5 or 6 years ago tells me that the rear passenger side wheel is frozen, which could (hopefully) just be a rusty brake drum/shoe that needs to be busted loose with a good dragging out of its corner...

The floorpans are all rusted out because when my dad originally stored it, it was in a crappy little garage/shed thing, and the car eventually got turned into a sanctuary for field mice, who eventually ate almost the entire interior. :'( Everything but the dash and the armrests on the walls got chewed up, and the floorpans eventually rusted through from all the mouse piss. So, I'll need to tack up some good patches and do a good bit of cutting... Not necessarily in that order... :p

What I need is a good source of interior parts. Doesn't matter if it's OEM/NOS or aftermarket reproductions. The original engine got mistakenly sold for scrap a few months ago (one of the reasons this project flared up), so it will never be "original" at all. I just want to get it so it's got no ventilation in the floor, two seats at least, and moving under its own power...

Also, since the engine is not factory, it sticks up nice and high... I'll have to see what I can do with finding the right motor mounts... But, for now it's just going to get a scab hood cut (NOT the original hood) and maybe a tunnel ram cowl riveted/welded to it...

As I said, the car will never be "original," and I'm not doing this car for resale value at all, as I'll never sell it no matter what. This is one thing my Dad always preached to me about, since he had a few nice 70's cars when he was a kid and always sold them and regretted selling each one. Plus, it was my dad's project, and I just can't sell that...

So, hello Mopar Forums! :)

Say, you wouldn't happen to know where I could get some interior parts, would ya? ;)

- CK

78D200 05-16-2008 01:04 AM

sounds like it'll be a fun project

carfanatics 06-03-2008 12:40 AM

hi

i'm also a newbee here and looking for some info about my cars.